Slime Blob Tour at:
The Downieville Classic
August 1-4 2013
• Pickup truck event - small event space. (no
room to park RV)
• 10’x10’ popup tent
• Primary focus: Bicycle products
– Slime Pro Tubeless sealant, tube sealant and tubes
– Genuine Innovations C02 inflators, multi-tools
– Second table: Key automotive/off-road products (
Tubeless sealant, inflators, Spairs)
Our Booth (and a fan of Genuine
Innovations Big Air cartridges)
• Event attendance: 3,000 total, 800 racers
• Booth attendance: 200/day, 800 total
• Demos performed: 12 bottles of Slime Pro Tubeless
sealant given to racers, shop owners, and other
influential riders. Caveat: Must recommend to local
bike shop and review online if the product is better
• Giveaways: Koozies, stickers, glueless patches, tire
• Absolutely attend next year! Many influential people in
the industry attend event to race/ride world famous
trails. Event space sells out in February each year.
• Stan’s for sale in bike shop
• All booth visitors were asked, “Do you ride
tubeless or tubed tires?”
• Around 90% of riders polled rode tubeless.
The majority of tubed riders were either too
young or too old to race.
• High number of tubeless riders could be
attributed to the rocky course which is famous
for causing pinch flats.
• Created buzz for Slime Pro. Day 3: “I heard great things about your
new tubeless sealant, wanted to check it out!” – Owner, Castro
• “We need Big Airs! Racers need something that can inflate a full
sized mountain tire and the 20g won’t do it. Multi-tool tire irons are
great for racers, too” – Mackie Franklin, 4th place XC racer.
• “Slime Pro works way better than Stans! Check out this cut on my
sidewall it sealed!” – Riley Howard, 20, Racer, Team Santa Cruz/ XFusion
• “I use Slime in all my bikes in Texas. There are thorns everywhere, I
won’t ride without Slime!” – Martha, wife of another exhibitor.
• “You should sell the new tubeless sealant in small bottles so I can
carry it out on the trail.” - Anonymous
• “I’ve been hearing great things about your new tubeless sealant.
Mind if I try a bottle for our demo bikes?” – Tyler, in Sales for BMC,
Tyler from BMC installs Slime Pro on a
1st place XC, DH and All Mountain
winner Carl Decker’s bike complete
with Genuine Innovations Big Air.
Wheel size: 650b/27.5”
• We were lucky to attend! Expo space sold out
• Event attendance looks good to the mountain
biking community. Profits from the event go to
Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship