Be the first to like this
On January 30, 2017, I was invited to share my book, "edX E-Learning Course Development," to faculty, students, and staff at American University in the Emirates (AUE). This is a slightly edited version of that presentation.
"edX E-Learning Course Development" is a 300 page manual that helps university teachers and corporate trainers design, develop, and deploy an interactive and informative MOOC course for the edX platform.
It walks a reader through eight steps to create an edX course while teaching them about tools and techniques to know as an edX instructor. Those eight steps are presented in eight chapters which include:
1. Getting Started: an overview of MOOCs and the history of edX.
2. Planning the Curriculum:curriculum development.
3. Producing Videos: video production best practices.
4. Designing Exercises: options for exercises and assessments.
5. Integrating the Curriculum: options for adding course materials.
6. Administering Your Course: your course's administrative options.
7. Facilitating Your Course: your role as a facilitator of your edX course.
8. Promoting Your Course: a strategy to market your course.
You can learn more about and purchase the book on Amazon (http://amzn.to/28kuwaR) or on the Packt Publishing website (http://bit.ly/edXBookPackt).