DIRECTIONS- ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES ON YOUR OWN PAPER. RETURN
THIS SHEET AND THE READING TO THE TEACHER WHEN FINISHED.
Genocide- murderof an entire ethnicgroup: the systematickillingof all the peoplefroma
national,ethnic,orreligiousgroup,oran attempttodo this
1. What countryis Africa’slargest?
2. How longhas Sudanbeenatwar?
3. What westernregionhasongoingconflict?
4. What groupshave beentargetedinDarfur?
5. Why has the HolocaustMuseumissuedagenocide warningforSudan?
6. What actions of genocide have the governmenttakeninDarfur?
7. Who isthe leaderof the Sudanese government?
1. Sudan’srulingclassfavorswhichgroupof people?
2. Where isthe concentrationof powerinSudan?
3. What happenedJune 30,1989?
4. Whenand where didfightingbegininDarfur?
5. How didthe Sudanese governmentrespondtothe April 25 attack?
6. What isthe mainmilitiagroupcalled?
7. What isthe divide anddestroystrategy?
8. Whichreligiousgroupswere targetedinthe South?
9. How didthe Sudanese governmentuse starvationasaweapon?
10. Between2003-2005 the displacementcausedhow manydeaths?
11. What does“forciblydisplaced”mean?
12. In Darfur alone howmany people remaindisplaced?
13. Why can’t theyreturnhome?
1. Whendidthe U.S. governmentdeclare the conflictinDarfura genocide?
2. Most of the deathsinDarfur are a resultof what?
3. Where were the people displacedto?
4. Who alsobecame targetsof violence?
Reaction- 2-3 sentencesperbullet.
Write a personal response towhatyouhave readabout the situationinDarfur. What do you
have that the people of Darfurdo nothave? What, if anything,can youdo to help?
How doesthe phrase “outof sight,outof mind”applyto our thoughtprocessandcompassion
What can you doin yourworldto make sure that the people aroundyoudon’tfeel hated,