Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
and by Matt Copperwaite This presentation is CC-BY except for the works contained therein which retain their respective li...
BUSI N E S S <ul><ul><li>Sponsorship </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Recruitment </li></ul></ul>
 
Similarities <ul><ul><li>Unconference </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Barcamp </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Crowed source...
OggCamp <ul><ul><li>30th April - 3rd May (includes Rathole Radio Gig) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>BarCamp Style </li></ul><...
OggCamp Talks Include: <ul><ul><li>Simon Phipps </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Former Sun Microsystems Open Source Evangel...
and more...
OggCamp: Trends <ul><ul><li>Proper FOSS event  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Python </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Drinking </li>...
Hackcamp <ul><ul><li>Google's Offices London </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Setup in 2 weeks </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>2hours...
and more...
HackCamp: Trends <ul><ul><li>Geek event </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HTML5 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Twitter </li></ul></ul...
Demo <ul><ul><li>TwitterBox </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HTML5 Audio dsp </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>iPlayer Twitter Sync </l...
 
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Oggcamp and Hackcamp

676 views

Published on

A talk I shall be presenting on the usefulness and interestingness of unconferences.

Published in: Technology, News & Politics
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Oggcamp and Hackcamp

  1. 1. and by Matt Copperwaite This presentation is CC-BY except for the works contained therein which retain their respective license. Feel free to ask me questions as we go.
  2. 2. BUSI N E S S <ul><ul><li>Sponsorship </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Recruitment </li></ul></ul>
  3. 4. Similarities <ul><ul><li>Unconference </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Barcamp </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Crowed sourced </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Social Media Organised </li></ul></ul>
  4. 5. OggCamp <ul><ul><li>30th April - 3rd May (includes Rathole Radio Gig) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>BarCamp Style </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>3 Rooms, 30minutes a talk </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Linux Outlaws and Ubuntu UK Podcast </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Second event </li></ul></ul>http://www.flickr.com/photos/m0dlx/
  5. 6. OggCamp Talks Include: <ul><ul><li>Simon Phipps </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Former Sun Microsystems Open Source Evangelist </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Opening Keynote </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Alan Pope (Popey) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Mumbuntu </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>  Brad Pearce </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Open software in Neuroscience </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>  FreakyClown </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Digital photo forensics </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>  Neil Wallace </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Open Molar </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Jon The Nice Guy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>  CampFire Manager </li></ul></ul></ul>http://www.talkoss.com/
  6. 7. and more...
  7. 8. OggCamp: Trends <ul><ul><li>Proper FOSS event  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Python </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Drinking </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Music </li></ul></ul>
  8. 9. Hackcamp <ul><ul><li>Google's Offices London </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Setup in 2 weeks </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>2hours talks </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>The rest you do what you want </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Aim to make something </li></ul></ul>http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin_88/
  9. 10. and more...
  10. 11. HackCamp: Trends <ul><ul><li>Geek event </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HTML5 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Twitter </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Android </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>OS Usage </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>75% Apple </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>remaining 25% </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>50% Windows </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>50% Linux </li></ul></ul></ul></ul>
  11. 12. Demo <ul><ul><li>TwitterBox </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HTML5 Audio dsp </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>iPlayer Twitter Sync </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Mapnificent: London Weekend Night Buses  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>tron </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Facebook WorldCup blocker app </li></ul></ul>

×