Amparo, Mary Rose C.
Wales, Cherelou A.
- classify products on three (3) levels:
1. Core Product
2. Tangible Product
3. Augmented Product
- answers the question: What is the buyer really
- stands at the center stage of the Total Product.
- have many characteristics like features, styling,
brand name, packaging, and quality level.
- offering additional services and benefits by looking
at the buyer’s total consumption system.
Protection & Security
Ease & Speed of
1. Drugs and Medicines
2. Juice Formats
a. Natural and fresh juices
3. Milk Product Formats
4. Food in Several Formats
a. Fresh and Raw
- is a name, term, sign, symbol design or
combination of these, intended to identify
the goods or services of a seller to
differentiate them from those of competitors.
- is a part of brand that can be vocalized.
- part of a brand which can be
recognized but is not utterable such
as its symbol, design, or distinctive
coloring, or lettering.
- is a brand or part of a brand that is given legal
- is the exclusive legal right to reproduce,
publish, and sell the matter and form of a literary
musical or artistic work.
- adds value to the product, creating the
perception of high quality and being
With the enactment of the Generics Law in
September 1988 and the issuance of Labelling Guidelines
by DOH, drug products are labeled by indicating the
internationally accepted generic name first, then followed
by the brand name.
The generic name in accordance to the generic
labelling guideline is enclosed in a box.
- product could get instant recognition and patronage,
because of the popularity of the original brand name.
- is any effort to use a successful brand name to
launch new or modified products.
2. Same CGMP
3. Same Raw
4. Same Formula
5. Same Formula
6. Same QC
G STRATEGY FOR
1. Different Brand
2. Different Packaging
3. Different Color and
4. Different Pricing
6. Different Target
1. It should closely suggest something about the
product’s benefits and qualities.
2. It should be easy to pronounce, recognize, and
3. It should be distinctive to readily arrest attention.
- is a highly important and valuable marketing
tool for durable and non-durable goods.
1. Primary Package – the product’s immediate
2. Secondary Package – the packaging material
that protects the primary package.
3. Shipping package
- used primarily to store, identify, and ship the
product to target markets.
- part of product packaging and consists of
printed information appearing on or within the package
in accordance to the labeling guidelines.
- a major packaging concern by coming out with
products that are tamper-proof or in tamper-resistant
packages, practically for all types of products formats
intended for infants, children, and the adults market.
1. Customers will patronize even with out idea of the
quality of the product.
2. Gives convenience and ease of handling to the
3. Product will lead to repeat purchase of the
- products have creative desirable colors, design
and text. Trigger immediate purchase decisions at the
- according to Kotler, Product line is
a group of products that are closely related
to each other.
- is the set of all product lines and items that
are particular seller offers for sale to buyers.
- period of very low sales performance during the
first few months to one year or more after being formally
introduced into the market.
Investment- spending strategy - creatively promoting
and distributing the new product to target customers.
- increasing sales and profits performance because
the new product has entered the growth stage.
1. Product improvement/ modifications.
2. Entering new market segment.
3. Lowering prices to precious levels.
4. Promotions efforts.
5. Product positioning or re-positioning competitors
6. Increased logistics supports.
- slowing down of the products sales volume,
reaching a plateau or remaining at constant volumes.
- continues drops in sales volume of most if not all
product formats and brands, at a low level for many years.
Factors why sales decline:
1. Rapid technological advances.
2. Adherence to safety and efficacy.
3. Price consciousness due to inflation.