Do you keep hitting
walls in your business
Maybe it’s your message!
If it isn’t clear and compelling it gets lost in the noise!
There is a process for sustainable growth!
• 7 Steps to sustainable Growth
• Value Proposition
It starts with your vision
What business are you in?
Why are you in that
Where do you want to be in
Without a clear vision,
you’re depending on luck!
What can keep you from achieving your vision?
• Strengths – what can you build on?
• Weaknesses – what do you need to improve?
• Opportunities – where are your best opportunities?
• New products or services in existing market?
• New markets?
• What is the best fit for your strengths?
• Threats – Who is your competition?
• What do they do better than you?
• Where are their weaknesses?
Why should anyone buy from you?
•What is your Value Proposition?
• With all the goods and services available to your customers in
your market, why should they buy from you?
• If you can’t answer this question in a compelling manner, your
• They’ll decide you’re the same as everyone else.
• If you’re the same as everyone else, why pay more? They’ll decide
• What can you do better than anyone else? (See strengths in the
• What innovation can you bring to your market that no one else
has thought of? (See opportunities)
What steps will you take to achieve your vision?
• Address your S.W.O.T. weaknesses
• Build on your strengths
• Document priorities and investments
• Be able to execute your value proposition 100% of the
Business Development Strategy
• What markets are we in, Or just importantly, not in!
• What are we selling
• Who is our ideal buyer?
• What specific problem or need can we fill?
• Resources needed?
• Sales forecast, you need a visual goal for all to see.
• Define your message!
• Who is your ideal buyer?
• How do you communicate your compelling message to
reach him / her?
• Resources needed?
• How can you get heard above all the noise?
• Two clear choices.
Marketing Strategy is all about lead generation!
Brochures and direct mail
Marketing Needs to Adapt
• Low response rate (1-
• Expensive / Wasteful
• Becoming more
• “Interruption” based
• High response rate (20-
• Low cost / High ROI
• Wide open playing field
• “Permission” based
Sales becomes more productive
• Follows up on qualified leads
• Less time cold calling and more time meeting with
• Sales tools – demo’s
• Consistent message to the prospect
• Sell value not price!
Sales Corporate strategy and vision
Drives operations marketing
and in turn sales!
With the right message and delivery
your prospect finds you!