Allison Rossi - Nandi Richardson
Candace Marquez -Ariyldawn Wilson
March 18, 2014
The Main Agenda
• Areas of Improvement:
Numerous consumer complaints/poor customer service
and decline in frequent flyer miles program members.
Combat poor public image by launching a multi-layer
campaign involving celebrity endorsements, Sky miles
perks provided by iTunes, Beats By Dre and
involvement in local music festivals.
Who is Delta Airlines?
• One of the oldest airlines
• 165 million customers
• 80,000+ employees
• Fleet of 743 airplanes
• Flies to over 322 destinations
59 countries/six continents
• Customers: Male/Females 18-60 years old
• Collaborators: Virgin Australia
(for extended travel to Mexico)
• Competition: Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines
& American Airlines
• Sales & Marketing: More hands-on approach w/ new social media
advertising and billboards
• Legalities: Contracts for endorsements- outlining moral expectations, etc.
Clear disclosure of compensation, percentages & timeline of use
• Revenue: Annual revenues of $37.7 billion in 2013
Investment & ROI
• Delta will spend $300,000 to introduce the pilot/test
partnership with Beats by Dre on select Domestic routes
• Delta will roll out full implementation of this strategy
over 2-5 years for a total cost of $2 million.
• Delta expects to improve sales of first class tickets, new
customers and improved reviews by 10% over the first
year, with an expected increase in revenue of $415,100.
The plan is to bring together
Delta Airlines, celebrity influence and perks provided by
Beats by Dre’ in order to reengage current members and
entice new customers to join the SkyMiles program.
• Beginning April 5, 2014
• The set launch date is November 1, 2015
• New Releases and extended marketing up until
December 31, 2016
• Creating new customer relationships
• Offer in-flight use of new music
• Encourage future travel
• Delta as preferred airline
• Improve company’s public image
• "About Delta." About Delta Retrieved on March 8, 2014 from:
• "Delta Airlines, Inc. Competitors." NASDAQ.com Retrieved
on March 9, 2014 from:
• Davies, A. (2013). Ranked: The best airlines in america.
Retrieved from http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-
• Google Images