Write the past participle of each verb:
Now, fill in the blanks using the passive voice:
1. Romeo and Juliet was written by Shakespeare.
2. San Francisco _____________________ by an earthquake in 1906.
3. More traffic accidents ___________________ by drunk drivers than anything else.
4. The Cathedral of Granada ___________________ by Diego de Siloé.
5. The Mona Lisa ___________________ by Leonardo da Vinci.
6. Rice ___________________ by Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese.
7. The light bulb ___________________ by Edison.
8. The Law of Gravity ___________________ by Newton.
9. The moons of Jupiter ___________________ by Galileo.
were first seen
10. Everest ___________________ by Sir Edmund Hillary.
discover invent climb
11. Lung cancer ___________________ by smoking.
12. JFK ___________________ by Lee Harvey Oswald.
13. The pyramids ___________________ for the pharaohs.
14. The Eiffel Tower ___________________ in the 19th century.
15. Jonh ___________________ a present.
16. Cars ______________________ in America, Japan, and Korea.