A presentation with embedded youtube videos. Sharing some observations on why B2B marketing doesn't HAVE to be specification sharing and brochure wear. If you want to view the presentation with embeds working drop me a line.
B2B that people will dig!
• Share my, mainly, B2C experiences and
career observations with B2B marketers
• Reflect on lessons learned
• Apply some of that to B2B world
• Compare the new digital marketing mix to
the older one
Why B2B need not be seen as
the poor relation of
The first principal of all
marketing; consumer or B2B.
You need to gather real
The insight. Drambuie only comes out at Christmas.
Tennent’s Gold Bier – Project
• Tennent‟s Lager losing share to much cooler
• If you can‟t beat them, join them
• Research showed young men drank the „label”
not the product – but didn‟t really like it
• So create a „label‟ with quality underpinning it
• Drawing on Tennent‟s roots but adding a fresh
dimension - taste
• “Best beer we ever made‟ to Rheinheitsgebot
The insight. (Bottled) lager tastes disgusting.
Guys drink labels.
My all time favourite brand extension advertisement..
The internet has
turned what used to
be a controlled one
way message into real
time dialogue with