Presenter: Ernest Hwang of Practice Fusion > This presentation shows how to simplify your database deployments, ensure that no database changes are overlooked, and implement unit tests using the suite of Red Gate developer tools.
You'll see how Practice Fusion streamlines database deployments in their Integration, Testing, Staging, and Production environments. This frees developers from the burden of maintaining deployment scripts, while reducing the number of overlooked breaking changes to zero.
The demo uses a Windows Azure box as the Jenkins (Continuous Integration) server and several SQL Azure databases (representing Integration and QA environments). The entire repository is hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/CF9/Databases.RGDemo), for anyone to download.
You'll learn how to:
* Add your database to source control in under five minutes
* Create a CI Job to validate your database “build”
* Deploy database changes to your environments with a mouse click
* Set up database unit testing using tSQLt
* Avoid problems when implementing Database CI in the “real-world”
Ernest Hwang is a Principal Software Engineer at Practice Fusion in San Francisco. He uses Red Gate SQL Source Control, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, and SQL Test to automate Practice Fusion's Continuous Integration efforts and instrument database deployments.