marketing supervisor job description
A typical marketing supervisor job description be included elements such as:
marketing supervisor duties, marketing supervisor qualifications, marketing
supervisor traits, marketing supervisor job information, marketing supervisor
templates, marketing supervisor work conditions…
Other useful materials for marketing supervisor career:
Key duties/responsibilities for marketing supervisor
1. Working with Human Resources to source Field Marketing Associate & Canvasser candidates
for the regional branch office(s) that they supervise.
2. Hiring and on-boarding of Field Marketing Associates & Canvassers, including interviews,
hire paperwork completion, and coordinating the background checks.
3. Training of Field Marketing Associates & Canvassers to develop their skills and increase the
results that come from the Field Marketing team in their branch(es).
4. Run regular scheduled in-person training with the Field Marketing Associates & Canvassers
to be sure they are actively working on the talk track and ability to overcome objections.
5. Supervise performance of Field Marketing Associates & Canvassers to baseline performance
goals created with the National Field Marketing Manager.
6. Coordinate staffing levels at retail events, and occassionally non-retail events when needed.
7. Coordinate with Channel Partners at the local branch level to ensure communication with
local warehouse managers is ongoing to staff and schedule events.
8. Confirm retail staffing and schedule 2 days prior to the retail event.
9. Coordinate the area to be canvassed and obtain proper permits.
10. Track the daily results of the canvass & event campaigns – doors knocked, contacts made,
appointments set and systems sold.
11. Work with the National Field Marketing Manager to ensure each retail event, & canvass
campaign is working with the goals of the team as a whole
Key job qualifications for marketing supervisor
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer
contact or canvassing experience.
2. Solid computer skills, including MS Office and preferably some CRM
experience, including ability to create and run reports. Salesforce
experience preferred but not mandatory.
3. Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
4. Strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, ability to work with little
5. High-school diploma or AA degree, Bachelor's degree preferred.
6. Experience Supervising and/or managing a team of individuals, preferably
with proven ability to hold accountable to performance standards.
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and have
acceptable driving record.
Format for marketing supervisor job description
A typical job description includes 4
main part as follows:
1. Job information
This part includes: job title, reporting
relationships, department, job
location, manager/supervisor’s title,
job code, purpose and objective of the
2. List of main task
3. Contents of Job Specifications
• Skill requirements.
• Abilities. Ability include physical
ability, metal ability, aptitudes.
4. Contents of working conditions
• Environmental conditions
• Job hazards / safety
• Machine, tools and equipments
KSA model in setting up job description
1. What is KSA model?
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
KSA include Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (also called KSAs model) that an
applicant must have to perform successfully in the position.
2. Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel
recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and
negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Materials for marketing supervisor career:
Other useful materials for marketing
management that available at
• Top free ebooks for marketing management
• Top free tools and techniques for marketing
• Top skills for marketing management
• Top free marketing job description templates
• 5 steps to writer write an effective marketing
• 12 tips to write marketing job description
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Useful materials (continue…)
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 110 marketing interview questions with
• 13 types of interview questions and how
to solve them
• 11 performance appraisal methods
(includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
Fields related to marketing supervisor:
The above job description can be used for fields as:
construction, manufacturing, healthcare, non profit, advertising, agile,
architecture, automotive, agency, banking, budget, building, business
development, consulting, communication, clinical research, design, software
development, product development, interior design, web development,
engineering, education, events, electrical, exhibition, energy, ngo, marketing,
fashion, green card, oil gas, hospital, it, marketing, media, mining, nhs, non
technical, oil and gas, offshore, pharmaceutical, real estate, retail, research,
human resources, telecommunications, technology, technical, senior, digital,
software, web, clinical, hr, infrastructure, business, erp, creative, ict, hvac,
sales, quality management, implementation, network, operations,
architectural, environmental, crm, website, interactive, security, supply chain,
logistics, training, project management, administrative management, finance…
The above job description also can be used for job title levels: entry level
marketing supervisor, junior marketing supervisor, senior marketing