A well-known email marketing provider for SMBs, Constant Contact, proved that B2B marketers can – and should – market their “intangible” solutions on this visual platform by tapping into their creativity. As of mid-January, 2014, over 20,000 Pinterest users follow Constant Contact’s 104 boards.
B2B social media marketing with Facebook
A visit to the Salesforce Facebook business page shows an active and engaged community. Tabs are set up which allow visitors to explore and learn about the company’s offerings, such as their CRM (customer relationship management) solutions, without a single high-pressure sales message. Their posts, which average one per day, ask thought-provoking questions and share their own and others’ blog posts.
B2B social media marketing with Twitter
Many B2B companies still treat Twitter as a broadcasting platform rather than a social one. Businesses should utilize Twitter to distribute their content, but need to ensure they do so without blasting their audiences. HubSpot, which provides inbound marketing software solutions, succeeds in wowing its audience (of 354,440 in mid-January, 2014). Along with finding a good balance between tweeting content and audience engagement, their social media team asks questions and engages in conversations on Twitter with the company’s followers.
B2B social media marketing with YouTube
YouTube may seem an unlikely choice for B2B marketers, but Cisco Systems Inc. and its 65,175 subscribers (as of mid-January, 2014) beg to differ. Cisco, which is known for its IT, networking and communication solutions, shares videos which engage, educate and inform without overtly selling themselves.
B2B social media marketing with LinkedIn
As the preferred B2B social media marketing platform for many B2B’s, LinkedIn delivers several excellent examples. Technology solutions provider Dell Inc. offers its 666,579 (as of mid-January, 2014) a LinkedIn company page which stands out as one of the best. Along with posting regular company and job updates on their page, they offer the opportunity for more discussions through their featured groups.
Top 5 Tips B2B Social Media Marketing
Tuesday June 10th 2014
B2B Social Media: Top 5 Tips
Follow @marickab and @galwaymarketing
B2B Social Media Marketing – Top 5 Tips
1. Google+ - SEO,;
2. Thought Leadership – Content is still very much
3. Social Media Outlets – it’s not just about
4. Email is NOT dead;
5. Monitor, Measure and Convert.
It’s not dead…It’s
really just beginning
Google + :B2B Social Media
• SEO value, Google + offers ranking value for
posts made on the platform. (Google
• According to the Global Web Index’s Social Steam
Report, Google + has made 225% increase in
users ages 35-44, which is the target age range
for decision makers
• Google Hangouts makes product demonstrations,
business meetings, trade shows, and several
other B2B applications a simple click on the
Google + platform.
Google + :B2B Social Media
• Set up Google + Authorship – SEO.
• Research and join appropriate
• Utilise visuals as much as possible for
• Consider using Google Hangout’s for
webinars with clients. (record so can be
shown again at a later stage).
YOU are the EXPERT!!
Content remains' KING!
Socialreach is the
• In the world of marketing, content has always
reigned supreme, and it has not changed for 2014.
• B2B social media marketing has made marketing
focus on quality content. According to the B2B
State of Content Marketing study, 58% of
marketers are looking to increase their budget for
content marketing in 2014.
• This refocusing on content reiterates the fact that
businesses love valuable content just as much
Most Successful Content for B2B
Social Marketing Strategy
Link to a
Facebook and Twitter are not for
Treat every case differently
Email Marketing for B2B
• Build your email list through existing databases
AND SOCIAL MEDIA.
• In order to avoid the ‘spam’ label, ensure you
provide receivers with quality content that is
• Create urgency where possible – ‘Free Google
Analytics Guide available for 1 week only’.
• Create an archived version of the email for
sharing in social media.
Why should you do Email
1. For every $1 marketers spend
on email, the average ROI is
$40. (Direct Marketing
Marketing Statistics You Need
to Know image Email
2. More people are reading email
on their phones than on the
desktop or on webmail (and
85% of them are using an iOS
3. B2B marketers listed email as
one of the top three tactics for
lead origination. (Forrester)
Test, Test, Test
salescycle is over
– before a
buyer talks to
Monitor and Measure
• Social Media marketing can be made extremely
• Monitoring and measuring the success of your
campaigns, will allow you to make decisions about the
tools and platforms that work well for your B2B
• Find out an monitor Cost per Acquisition.
• Think; Google Analytics, Conversion Tracking, and
Social Media Measurement tools such as; Hootsuite;
Tweetreach, Klout, Social Mention and more.
1. Make sure your using Google+ Authorship for
2. Position your company and staff as ‘Thought
Leaders’ – Content Marketing is STILL key.
3. Test and research what Social Media worsk
best for your B2B Marketing strategy – Do not
dismiss Facebook and Twitter stright away.
4. Email IS Social; create enticing emails and
5. Monitor, Measure, Measure and Measure!!
• The B2B Social
Media Book –
Become a Marketing
• From a Hubspot,
Check out the following links
• B2B Social Media-
• Top 5 Tips, B2B Social Media -
• B2BMarketing -
Want to Get Involved and Volunteer with
If so email -email@example.com
or talk to a volunteer member tonight
Interested in sponsoring one of our
events?...find out more by emailing