Wong Siew Ching D20091034815
Chew Mei Ping D20091034816
Ong Shwu Chyn D20091034817
Yee Hon Kit D20091034822
Ngang Huey Chi D20091034861
Wong got two pots of sunflowers and two pots of
morning glories. She placed one of the sunflower plant and
morning glories at outdoor and the rest inside her room to
decorate her room. After she came back from a trip, she
noticed that the sunflower at outdoor had changed its
flower orientation. She also discovered that both of the
flowers in her room have grown towards the opened
window while both outdoor and indoor morning glories
flowers petals closed at night and open during the day. She
decided to meet Mei, who was a famous botanist to solve
her curiosity. As a botanist, how would you help Wong to
solve her curiosity?
1. Wong got two sunflower plants and two
2. One sunflower and one morning glory plant
are placed at outdoor while another
sunflower and tulip plant are placed indoor.
3. The sunflower placed outdoor has changes
its flowers orientation.
4. Sunflower and morning glory which placed
indoor have grown toward the opened
5. Flower petals of morning glory open during
the day and close at night.
1. The plants grow toward the source of
2. The orientation of sunflower is not due to
outer or human factor.
3. Both types of flowers respond to the
4. Both indoor plants grow toward the
window which light shine in.
5. Outdoor sunflower plant will orientate its
flower petals following the sunlight
direction and will stop at the direction
which the sunlight last emitted.
6. Petals of morning glory will close if there is
7. Flower respond to heat and sunlight.
8. The closing and opening of morning glory
in day and at night are due to some special
Learning Issues Action Plan
1. What have caused the different in the orientation of
2. Does the sunflower change the flower orientation by
itself or other human factor?
3. Why the sunflower changes its orientation? Which
orientation does the sunflower follow?
4. Why both of the flowers that put indoor grow
towards the opened window direction?
5. Why sunflower will grow/ orientated with the source
6. Why the petals of morning glory will close during
night and open in day?
7. Will the petals of morning glory’s flower open if
light is given?
8. How long will the morning glory flower petal open
during the day?
9. When morning glory is put inside the closed cabinet,
will the petal closed?
1. Discussion with group
2. Surf the internet
3. Seek the advice or help
from expert like botanist