For those who have the means to live anywhere in the world,
the beautiful Virginia Piedmont is the place to be.
For discerning advertisers, The Piedmont Virginian is the place to be seen.
The Piedmont Virginian is a quarterly journal of information and appreciation
--of nature, place, and ways of life.
Reach the 50,000+ people that matter* with the Piedmont Virginian...the
magazine specifically designed to get the attention of those people most likely to purchase
quality services and products in the region.
For select advertisers, the Piedmont Virginian offers the very best editorial
environment and quality audience.
We celebrate the wine, the food, the art, the land, and all the best our beautiful
Piedmont region of Virginia has to offer.
We honor historic preservation, open space, sustainable agriculture, and country
T he readership of The Piedmont
Virginian includes those in all areas of the
country that truly appreciate & value the
Piedmont area. These include the affluent
of our region and surrounding areas, both
residents and second-home owners, visitors
*see demographics section A map of the most inhabited part of Virginia
by Joshua Fry and Peter Jefferson, 1755
Our audience is reached through:
• Self-selection at newsstands nationwide
• Guest copies at country inns and resorts
• Distribution among members of certain local non-profits as a benefit of membership
• Web site viewing
• Distribution through doctor’s offices throughout the Piedmont and Northern Virginia
Advertisers in the Piedmont Virginian will enjoy:
• Long reach—the entire Piedmont region as well as Northern Virginia and Washington DC
• Long shelf life: a quarterly magazine with the highest production quality; heavy-stock matte-finish paper
with a rich feel, perfect binding and printing, beautiful artwork, renowned writers
• Low duplication of readership with other media products in local markets
• High demographics:
• Readers in the top 8% economic bracket
• $879,597: median value of primary residence or second home in the Piedmont
• $146,759: median household income
• 49.4: median age
• 88.7%: Professional/managerial
• 94.7%: college-educated
• 100%: sell-through at select newsstand locations
• 5.7: readers per copy*
• 68,400: total audience
Benefits of advertising:
• Lock in the current rate card, with no increases, for the next two years
• Free online listing and link on The Piedmont Virginian website, www.piedmontvirginian.com
• With a 4-time advertising schedule, you’ll receive a 5th ad free
• Increased visability through blog coverage at www.piedmontvirginian.com/blog
• Gift subscriptions for your most valued clients
Piedmont Virginian ad sizes & prices Prices are per issue
Rates will decrease with longer contracts
2/3 page vertical
4 2/3 x 9 1/2
$1,635 per issue
1/3 page vertical
2 1/4 x 9 1/2
1/2 page vertical $900 per issue
4 2/3 x 7 1/2
$1265 per issue
1/2 page horizontal
7 1/2 x 4 2/3
$1265 per issue
1/3 page square
4 2/3 x 4 2/3
$900 per issue
1/6 page horizontal
4 2/3 x 2 1/4
$510 per issue Full Page: $2,250 per issue
Cover II: $3,675 per issue
Cover III: $3,515 per issue
Cover IV: $4,050 per issue
1/6 page vertical
2 1/4 x 4 2/3
$510 per issue
2 1/4 x 1 1/8
$165 per issue
1/12 page square
2 1/4 x 2 1/4
$300 per issue
Sizes are approximate; further ad specifications on the following page.
Prices 1x 2x 3x 4x
1/24 Page $165 per issue $155 per issue $150 per issue $140 per issue
1/12 Page $300 per issue $285 per issue $260 per issue $240 per issue
1/6 Page $510 per issue $485 per issue $465 per issue $425 per issue
1/3 Page $900 per issue $855 per issue $815 per issue $735 per issue
1/2 Page $1,265 per issue $1,220 per issue $1,160 per issue $1,080 per issue
2/3 Page $1,635 per issue $1,575 per issue $1,490 per issue $1,385 per issue
Full Page $2,250 per issue $2,165 per issue $2,040 per issue $1,875 per issue
CoverII $3,675 per issue $3,515 per issue $3,305 per issue $3,065 per issue
Cover III $3,515 per issue $3,360 per issue $3,185 per issue $2,940 per issue
Cover IV $4,050 per issue $3,840 per issue $3,635 per issue $3,350 per issue
• The rates are for 1-color, 2-color, 3-color and 4-color.
• No charge for bleed.
• Inserts and Reprints: rates & specifications upon request.
• Balance not paid within 30 days of publication/invoice date is subject to a 1.5% monthly (18% annual) finance charge.
Inches wide Inches tall Ad design & layout is included in the price of the ad.
However, extensive work outside the parameters of design
Full Page w/bleed* 8.75 10.75 (for instance, repair or rebuilding of logos, extensive
Full Page 7.803 9.5 manipultion of photos) is not included.
2/3 page (Vertical) 4.667 9.5
1/2 page (Horizontal) 7.803 4.667 Advertisements that are submitted by outside
sources should be submitted:
1/2 page (Vertical) 4.667 7.803 • Properly sized
1/3 page (Vertical) 2.25 9.5 • In pdf format (tiff, jpeg, are also acceptable)
• Minimum 300 dpi resolution
1/3 page (Square) 4.667 4.667 • Flattened and prepared for press-quality printing
1/6 page (Vertical) 2.25 4.669 • In cmyk color format. Any elements in the ad (photos,
logos etc.) should be of adequate resolution and in cmyk
1/6 page (Horizontal) 4.667 2.25 format before insertion into the ad
1/12 page (Square) 2.25 2.25 • Any ad coming to us from an outside source as camera-
ready is assumed to be ready for insertion, and should be
1/24 page 2.25 1.12 proofread and checked for accuracy before submission.
• The publisher reserves the right to refuse an ad on the
* allow .125” border to allow for bleed. basis of content or print quality
Trim size will be 8.5 x 10.5