How do you decide what features and content make it on your new Intranet? Too often these decisions can get made in a meeting room full of Intranet business owners who want their stuff to be front and center. Other times these decisions might be made by an Intranet development team and perfectly suit their needs but no one else’s.
In our opinion doing anything without a very significant involvement of real users is a risky proposition.
In this session we’ll discuss:
- What User Centered Design is
- How to structure an Intranet design project with significant user engagement built-in
- Steering the steering committee with good user research
- How to get the most out of your user interactions through quality workshops and feedback sessions
- Translating research into design
- Turning users into evangelists for your project
This session is a case study where all concepts are illustrated through examples from a recently completed Intranet redesign at Novartis.