• Western Rim Property Services and Mansions Custom
Homes, both built by Marcus Hiles, are based out of
• Marcus Hiles started the two companies, the first of which
was Western Rim Property Services, from the ground up.
• Hiles was 28 when he first ventured into the world of real
estate development and property management, and
managed to make himself one of the biggest businessmen
in Texas by pulling himself up by his bootstraps.
• He was raised by a father who was an inner city minister,
and was not born into money as some of today’s most
successful people are.
• Hiles worked his way through college, earning a Bachelors
from Rice University, and then his Masters in Business
Administration from Pepperdine University
• Marcus Hiles, despite a rough beginning, clung to his goals
when building Western Rim Properties, and created a
successful real estate development and property
• Aside from being a grand slam with profits, Hiles business
model is conscious of the market, and the reality of
everyday life for the working American.
• His properties are located in urban areas, near highly-rated
school districts and well-paying jobs, and it is not
uncommon for Hiles properties to provide rents below
• Marcus Hiles believed, and still does, that providing a well-
priced, in-demand product will net profits for his company.
Both companies have netted him over one billion dollars in
assets, so his business model appears to be working well.
Western Rim Property
• Western Rim properties are some of the most popular townhome
and condominium communities in Texas, and provide affordable
luxury for their tenants.
• Golf courses, infinity pools, woodlands, and even spas on site can
be found on some of Hiles’ properties. Hiles also started Mansions
Custom Homes, which provides a unique floor plan and beautifully
designed home for owners or real estate developers.
• Marcus Hiles business spreads across 7,500 properties and
homeowner’s associations, and continues to grow every year.
• In addition to building his real estate development company from
scratch, Hiles also expanded his wheelhouse to include property
management, so that Western Rim manages rent, building upkeep,
and property maintenance.
• Marcus Hiles has created a unique and successful niche within the
Texas property market for this reason.