Kahoot: A Game-based Formative Assessment Tool [Slides]
● What is Formative Assessment (FA)?
● What is Kahoot?
● Kahoot + FA in the EFL/ESL Classroom
● Other uses for Kahoot
● Steps for creating a kahoot
● Let’s try it out!
● Final Thoughts
“Formative assessment represents
evidence-based instructional decision
making. If you want to become more
instructionally effective, and if you want
your students to achieve more, then
formative assessment should be for you.”
- Popham (2008), p. 15
What is Formative Assessment?
Popham, W. J. (2008). Transformative assessment. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Kahoot is a completely free multi-device classroom
response system for creating and administering
unique game-like quizzes that empowers
educators and captivates learners of any age
(schools, universities, businesses).
What is Kahoot?
● Create a sample kahoot to try out the interface
● Make sure you have a reliable broadband Internet
● Avoid overuse. Save it for special moments.
● Not enough devices? Group students!
● Regrouping teams frequently to avoid hostility
from one another.
● Create your kahoots here https://getkahoot.com/
● Play kahoots here https://kahoot.it/
● More ideas and updates http://blog.getkahoot.com/
This presentation is here. The handout is here.
Prof. Miguel Perez
Prof. Luis Jordan
http://www.ventesol.org | http://ventesol.ning.com