Alex´s top 15sights to see in Colombia Mantaraya Travel´sAlex Maier shares some of her top Colombian travel spots
1. Mirror, mirror… the perfectlystill waters of the Amazon river inthe very south of Colombia,bordering with Brazil and Peru.
2. Bogota by night from Monserrate – the lights never go out inthis capital city of 8 Million people.
3. Coffee fincas in Colombia´s coffee zone. Here’sone really good one in Quindio: San Alberto. Someof the best coffee I´ve ever tasted!
4. The colorful fruit stalls of theCaribbean coast. The variety of fruit(and their prices…) is one of myfavorite things about Colombia!Buen provecho!
5. The lonely beaches of Providencia, with the absolutetranquility of the Caribbean. I love this island!
6. The highest palm trees in the world in Valle de Cocora in Quindio. These incredible trees(measuring up to 70 metres high) grow in a beautiful valley, which is best explored by horse.
7. The Las Lajascathedral in Nariño:a very famous andsacred cathedral inthe middle of acanyon… what´s notto like?
8. The incredibly diverse landscape of thePurace National Park, which seems like theenergy source of the world! I saw all kindsof colors, rivers, volcanos, sulfur springs,rainforest etc. in just one park.
9. Brilliant birds! Colombia´s biodiversityis one of the most impressive on theplanet, especially the number of birdsand butterflies.
10. The seven colored sea of San Andres island, with its striking whitesandy beaches and its perfect Caribbean feeling.
11. A waterfall in San Gil, as Irappelled down it! This is agreat place for adventuresports: rappelling, paragliding,rafting, cave tours, hiking andmuch more!
12. A sunset over the tranquil watersof Santa Marta on Colombia’sCaribbean Coast.
13. The main plaza in Villa de Leyva, apparently the biggest in Colombia.This beautiful colonial town surrounded by mountains is the perfectweekend get-away from Bogota.
14. Tayrona National Park on theCaribbean Coast, alongside Santa Marta´sSierra Nevada - just beautiful!
15. And finally – the historic center ofCartagena, complete with balconies,flowers and colorful houses.
Thanks for watching!!Curious about tours to Colombia? Browsethrough our suggested itineraries or get intouch with one of our travel advisors.