Frontline Managers Training
Team Lead-Training & Development
• Most frontline manager training is simply re-purposed sales person training,
and sales leadership programs are often focused on generalized leadership
skills. But sales leaders need more than better selling skills and an executive
presence – They need targeted education on how to guide their salespeople to
• Frontline Managers’ training programs are different from any others in the way
because they need to have a different view of supervisory management role &
We firmly believe in it.
Frontline managers are the key change agents in a
• If you want to improve sales performance or change strategic direction, your
success depends on capable and committed sales managers. Without their
sales coaching and guidance, salespeople will tend to stay the course. With
their help, anything is possible in a sales force.
Different sales roles demand different types of
• Not all sales roles are identical, and the same is true of their managers.
Depending on the type of role a sales manager oversees (consultative,
transactional, relationship, etc.), the tasks of the managers will differ
Managers need unique skills based on their own
• Traditional sales management training has focused on generic coaching or
leadership skills. However, managers don’t have generic jobs. A manager’s
training should enable them to effectively execute the management tasks that
are relevant to their particular role.
Coaching must be focused on specific selling tasks
• Most sales coaching programs help managers have better discussions with
their reps, but, management isn’t about discussions, it’s about making reps
better at critical selling activities. Sales coaching should improve specific
salesperson behaviors like making good sales calls. Otherwise, it’s just
Frontline Manager training yields a higher ROI than
• Research shows that >85% of all sales training is targeted at front-line
salespeople, not frontline managers. We believe it should be the other way
around. Train 1 salesperson and you’ve improved 1 salesperson… Train 1
supervisor/manager and you’ve improved their entire team.