I. How to look at a change?
II. How to cope and succeed in that
- Direction. - Strengths.
- Communication. - Learning.
- Responsibility. - Contribution.
Why worry about change?
• Change can be disorienting & a cause for
stress, probably because:
- We are used to our environment as we
- With an established routine, we don't
have to take risks!
• O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far
Percy B. Shelley
• Change brings opportunity.
Change is a fact of today's life
• Organizations change in response to the
evolving needs of its environment and
• The pace of change becomes faster
because of advances in communication and
• Organizations and its people must make
changes swiftly; cooperating rather than
Benefits brought by change
• New opportunities.
• New experiences, enriching your career
• New skills and habits.
• New relations.
• New start.
Decide on your direction
When things around you are in a state of flux,
don’t ever lose your compass
• Know your values & skills, and put long
term career objectives.
• Put SMART short term relevant objectives.
• Don’t pull back.
Know your strengths
• Count and concentrate on them.
• Build on your skills.
• Think how your strengths would lead you
• Leave the bad habits that inhibited
Coping with change depends largely on our
ability to listen and understand each other
• Create a culture of open & healthy
communication, allowing for:
- Team work. - Active listening.
- Innovation. - Sharing ideas.
- Learning from mistakes.
Stay in school
• Learn & enrich your work experience.
• Upgrade your knowledge and skills
(feedback, books, internet, training, …).
• Keep improving your work habits; response
time, quality, performance,…
Strive to be the best
at what you do
Behave like you are in
a business for yourself
• Take responsibility.
• Be a problem solver, not a finger pointer.
• Act as a service center.
Build a reputation about that
How can I contribute?
• Decide your role in your department or
• Think about the match between your
strengths and the business needs.
Make a difference
and leave a legacy
Take away message
• Change became the norm, and can bring
• Know ur direction.
• Build on ur strengths.
• Be responsible.
• Make a difference.
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking
we had when we first created them.“