B2B exchanges are online marketplaces for
businesses to buy and sell goods and services
from other businesses.
They can create customer-driven value chains
that substantially reduce costs for both buyer
and seller and better align the entire supply
chain with the customer’s needs.
Types of B2B exchanges:
Consortia are B2B exchanges that
attempt to provide a technological
and organizational platform to enable
interaction among firms within an
existing association or network.
Private marketplaces are run by a
single company and its key suppliers,
such as those sponsored by Wal-Mart
• Third-party –
Public exchanges such as Commerce
one are run by a third party, and are
open to all companies that meet the
standards defined by the exchange.
India’s largest B2B marketplace connecting
Buyers & Suppliers.
Amongst top 5 B2B companies in the world.
Among top 100 companies wrt traffic in India.
Only B2B marketplace ranked amongst top
100 websites in India.
Enables US$ 1 Billion worth transactions for
businesses every year.
We sent an enquiry to Indiamart about the order for a messenger bag...
The supplier replied with a call in less
than 90 minutes !!!
While Tradeindia’s responded after 11 hours for a bag enquiry....
Why we prefer IndiaMart?
• Better availability and wide range of products
• User-friendly interface
• Convenience of buying
• Fair prices
• Promising quality and time of delivery
• Secure mode of payment
• Order tracking facility and customer tracking
• Return policies and discount.
• Minimum order quantity negotiable
• Messenger bag
• Green Packaging Idustries
• Colour- blue and white
• Material- recyclable cotton
• Supplier- Bangalore based
• Response- 90 min.
• MOQ- 200
• Delivery time- 8-9 business
• Hand bag
• Creatinova Designs and
• Colour- beige
• Material- cotton canvas
• Supplier- New Delhi based
• Response- 11 hours
• MOQ- 600
• Delivery time- 9-11
• A quality product is the ultimate demand of any of the
buyer i.e. the product should have value for money and
for assuring this the sites or the manufacturer should
provide the facility of providing the sample of the
product for further approval and order placement. This
process will facilitate the buyer to have a clear idea of
the product quality which they are likely to get.
• Costing or Price quoted for any of the products is one
of the deciding criteria for placing the order so the
buyer should do the market research in order to get
the best possible price without compromising in
• Return policy is always available in B2B exchanges, so
the return policies should be reasonable and
acceptable by the buyer so as to give a balanced power
to both the parties.
• The interface of the site should be simple, clear and
easily understandable yet attractive so as to make the
accessibility of any user easy. The interface of the site
should be in such a way that the buyer reaches to its
desired destination with minimum effort i.e. the site
should have clearly mentioned tab and required
highlighted options available.
• The terms and conditions and privacy policies of the site
and the manufacturers should be clearly available and
properly mentioned in the site itself so as to facilitate a
transparent working without any of the hidden trap and
• Tracking order facility should be present in the site and
should be available online.
• The shipment, if ready then should be delivered on time
that was decided earlier.