A solenoid valve is an electromechanically operated valve. The valve is controlled by an electric current through a solenoid: in the case of a two-port valve the flow is switched on or off; in the case of a three-port valve, the outflow is switched between the two outlet ports. Multiple solenoid valves can be placed together on a manifold. Solenoid valves are the most frequently used control elements in fluidics. Their tasks are to shut off, release, dose, distribute or mix fluids. They are found in many application areas. Solenoids offer fast and safe switching, high reliability, long service life, good medium compatibility of the materials used, low control power and compact design.
Manish1 washing machine control
Under the guidance of : Presented By:
Dr. G.S.SAILESH BABU SIR MANISH RISHI
Dept. of Electrical Engineering M.TECH(F.T.)
Faculty of Engineering ROLL NO-1704309
• WASHING MACHINE-Definition, system, parts & control knobs.
• Washing cycle & its operations.
• Working of washing machine, Rotation of motor & its speed profile.
• Algorithm of washing machine & its control flow.
• Open and closed loop washing system.
• BLOCK DIAGRAM- Washing machine control & Dishwasher.
• Microcontroller based washing machine system & its control flow
• CIRCUIT DIAGRAM-Washing machine & its dryer.
• Complete control flow diagram.
• Program commands & port pin addressing.
• INTERFACING with 8051.
• 8086 MICROPROCESSOR based WASHING MACHINE SYSTEM
WORKING OF WASHING MACHINE
•A slow motor turns a shaft with many disks with
bumps on them.
•The bumps activate micro switches which control
water on and off, heater on and off, the main motor at
different speeds (wash and spin) and the pump for
•It controls the programming of the machine i.e.
Temp control, Spin cycles.
INTERFACING WASHING MACHINE CONTROL WITH 8051
AND 8255 IN 8086 MICROPROCESSOR
• 8086 Microprocessor by Nagoor Kani
• Microprocessors and Interfacing, Programming and
Hardware by Douglas V.Hall
• Microcomputer Systems: The 8086 / 8088 Family -
Architecture, Programming and Design by Yu-Cheng Liu,
Glenn A. Gibson
• 8051 Microcontroller by V Udayashankara
• Microprocessor and Peripheral Devices by Dr. Pramod
Agarwal , IIT Roorkee
• Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by Prof. Krishna
Kumar IISc Bangalore