STARTED IN 1978 IN GORAKHPUR, INDIA
SAHARA, FOUNDER, CHAIRMAN AND
Achievements by Subrata Roy
• The ITA TV Icon (2007)
• Mother Teresa Millennium Award for Renowned Industrialist
• Global Leadership Award (2004)
• Businessman of the year Award (2002)
• Best Industrialists (2002)
• National Citizen Award (2001)
• Karamveer Samman (1995)
• Udyamshree (1994)
• Baba-E-Rozgar (1992)
• Nobel Citizen Award (1986)
• Subrata Roy Sahara wrote two books-Shanti, Sukh
and Santhusti, and Maann,Samaann and
Atamsaamaan based on the Philosophy of Life
Sahara India• believe that quality, is never an
accident, it is a result of planning,
team work and a commitment of excellence.
• is a multi-business conglomerate with diversified business interest
that includes finance, real estate, media & entertainment, tourism
& hospitality, and service & trading.
• Owns the new IPL team Pune Warriors and Sponsors the India
Cricket and Hockey team .
“WE CHASE QUALITY, QUANTITY CHASES US”
• EMOTION :
EMOTION is THE KEY that generates the required energy and enthusiasm for
desired quality performance.
• DISCIPLINE :
The enthusiastic obedience of laws and orders, which are given
by the rightful authority.
The enthusiastic obedience of laws and orders, which are
given by the rightful authority.
• No discrimination:
We should not discriminate in any of our
actions, reactions, attitudes, decisions, conclusions while
caring for human beings.
• Give respect :
Make others feel important and respected by giving sincere
regard to others' feelings
To generate genuine & warm feelings for oneself among others
on a continuous basis.
Total transparency in action, reaction, attitude and all other
• Collective Materialism :
To progress and prosper together for collective sharing and
caring and not individually or for a select group
There is a religion higher than religion itself - it is NATIONALITY
• Absolute Honesty:
1) The first priority is given to emotional aspect and with perfect
blending of materialism with emotionalism, results in continuous
collective growth for collective sharing and caring.
2) In any human relationship, it becomes imperative to take into
consideration the materialistic aspect of life - we do so but by giving
it second priority.
There is a religion higher than religion
itself - it is the
The swirl of the Tricolor never fails
to move a Sahara Worker
HISTORY OF SAHARA INDIA PARIWAR
• Subrata roy started his journey in 1978 with three workers
and had an asset of 2000 rupees and a office.
• 1978: Alok Sharma started Air Sahara on a shoe string budget.
Today airline connects 29 destinations which includes 5
international destinations. Also operates four helicopters on
charter flights between Delhi and Mmbai.
• Aug 1991: Company was incorporated as LIVE WELL HOME
FINANCE LIMITED and obatined certificate of commencement
of business on 25th oct.
• Dec 3, 1993:Air Sahara become operational.
• Aug 1995:Sahara mutual fund is sponsored by Sahara India
Financial Corporation Limited. It is the first non-residuary
company in India that has been granted certificate of
registration by RBI.
• Feb 20,1997:Sahara Arts and Management Academy (SAMA)
was established by Subrata Roy Sahara with aim of providing
high quality educations.
• 2000: Sahara tv was launched as 24 hour Hindi entertainment
channel which later renamed as Sahara Manoranjan.
• 2003: Sahara launched Hindi national channel, Sahara
Samay, which covers 31 cities in India with their own city news
• Jul 15,2003: Sahara signed a contract to sponsor Indian men
national hockey team for eight years.
• Feb 2004: Sahara India Life Insurance Company Ltd. Granted
license from IRDA.
• In 2004, Aambey valley project and entry in the infrastructure
and housing facilities.
• In 2004, Channel become Sahara one with the launch of The
First Indian Sangeet Awards Held at the Royal Albert
• Jan 1,2006: A deal was signed to increase the net worth of
BCCI to $550 million from $522 million.
• In 2007, company name changed from Livewell Home Finance
Ltd to Sahara Housingfina Corporation Ltd.
• In 2007, Sahara Indian Commercial corporation has moved to
bombay high court against Jet Airways chaging it with not
paying instalments for buying Sahara Airlines.
• In 2010, Sahara India offers a range of consumers products
and developing one of the largest retail chains in India under
the name Sahara Unique.
• In 2010, Sahara acquired the Pune IPL team (Sahara Pune
• In 2011, Sahara buy a landmark business in Britain by
acquiring the historic Grosvenor House Hotel.
• Sahara is also sponsoring the Indian cricket team since 2001.
SAHARA INDIA BUSINESS
• INFRASTRUCTURE AND HOUSING
• MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
• CONSUMER PRODUCTS
• SERVICE AND TRADING
Sahara India Financial Corporation Limited is the first Residury
Non-Banking Company of the country that has been granted
Certificate of Registration by Reserve Bank of India in
conformity with directions applicable on Residuary NonBanking Financial Companies (RNBCs)
• India's largest deposit mobilisation company in the private
sector with the highest yearly deposit level.
• First RNBC to be granted a certified of registration by the
Reserve Bank of India
• Over 6.10 crore (61 million) esteemed depositors (is 1 out of
every 17 Indians).
• Over 1500 Branches
• Succeeded in inculcating saving habits amongst the
masses, particularly poor, lower middle class and middle class
segments of the society by accepting small amount of deposit
• Contributing to the national economy of the country by investing in
Government Securities, Bonds and Debentures
• Compliance of 'KYC' and Anti Money Laundering standards issued
by the Reserve Bank of India.
• Sponsor of Sahara Mutual Fund.
• Co-promoter of Life Insurance business under the name and style of
Sahara India Life Insurance Company Limited.
• Diversification in fee based activities like Depository participants
and Portfolio Management.
"RESIDUARY NON-BANKING COMPANIES (RESERVE BANK OF
INDIA) DIRECTIONS, 1987"
WHICH ARE TOTALLY APPLICABLE ON SIFCL:
SAFETY OF THE INVESTED SCRIPS
5% OF THE DEPOSIT OF EXISTING LIABILITY
100% SECURITY FOR DEPOSITORS
SAHARA INDIA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD.
First Wholly Indian Life Insurance Company
in the Private Sector
• With Life Insurance Penetration of 22% of
the Insurable population and premium income of 2% of
GDP, the group sees it as a very high growth sector of Indian
• Launched their operation from 30 October 2004 after being
granted license to operate as a life insurer in India by IRDA on
6 February 2004.
The range of products:
• Sahara Nidhi - Endowment (with profit)
• Sahara Sampann - Money back (with profit)
• Sahara Amar Jeevan - Deferred Annuity
• Sahara Kavach – A pure term policy
• Sahara Sanchay-R - Unit Linked plan
• Sahara Swabhimaan - Unit Linked Pension Plan
• Sahara Ankur – A unit linked policy for children
• Sahara Samriddhi – Money back with profits
• Sahara Sahyog - Micro Endowment Insurance Plan
• Sahara Samooh Samyojana - Unit Linked Group
• Savings cum Insurance plan
• Sahara Jamakarta Samooh Bima - Group Term Insurance PlanNon-Par
SAHARA ASSETS MANAGEMENT COMPANY PVT.
• Sach Mein Mutual!
• Help hundreds of people manage their mutual fund
investments, diversify their portfolios and reduce their
• Investment Advisors helps you create the perfect balance of
returns, safety and liquidity by assisting you to choose the
right scheme, based on your risk profile and investment goals.
• Mission statement:
“To help every class of investors find a suitable avenue for
profitable and prudent investment of his/her
money, consistent with his/her needs and objectives.”
Values That Create Enduring Value : Sahara Mutual Fund
Sahara India Financial Corporation Limited (SIFCL)
Sahara Housingfina Corporation Limited
• Founded in August 2002 with its
registered corporate office at Kolkata.
• SHCL commenced retail-lending business in May 2004 with
professionals from the industry and fully integrated on-line
• We serve our clients through our attractive and competitive
home loan schemes.
AAMBY VALLEY CITY
India’s First Planned Hill City is
located amidst pictures
Sahayadri mountain range in the pristine Western Ghats & is
spread across 10,600 acres.
• Planned by the best Master planners & architects of the
world, the Lifestyle City offers best comfort Index with a
pleasant & rejuvenating climate all round the year.
• The Valley of Peace & Happiness consists of 3 man-made
lakes, 11 Water Bodies & boasts of 25 kms of shore length
• The city prides itself in its fully functional, dedicated all
weather Airport, and the world class infrastructure comes
complete with eclectic Club Class conveniences including an
Equestrian course, Aquatic bay for water sports, Adventure
Zone 19º North, Fine dining, entertainment and Leisure Hubs.
• A state-of-the-art Healthcare Management System is in place
and the city is also home to International School Aamby
[ISA], a fully residential Academic institution offering global
• Aamby Valley City aesthetically combines the all encompassing
facets of luxurious living, business conveniences & conferences,
leisure and recreation.
• Offering superlative lifestyle, the aspirational city has real estate
options ranging from the furnished Timber Chalets,
Contemporary Villas, Furnished Lifestyle Apartments, Venetian
Styled Lakeside Homes, Elegant Golf Apartments and Luxurious
• Aamby Valley City, in an impeccable blend of a professional
approach, aesthetic orientation and meticulous planning, offers
the very best in premium, luxurious & high class living.
SAHARA CITY HOMES
• A Sahara City Homes Integrated township typically
consists of a gated community with residential units in form of
apartment towers, townhouses and individual houses, offering the
following facilities and amenities as per city potential : Multi Level Security with State-of-the-art centralized control
station and Centralized electronic control room with high
boundary wall & high grill fencing on top
Air-conditioned Township in Tier-I cities
A centrally air-conditioned School imparting a thoughtful
combination of academic curriculum, personality development &
A Hospital providing multi-specialty high-end secondary care
with state-of-the-art tele medicine facility centre
A Mall-cum-Multiplex with an ideal combination of lavish
showrooms, designer outlets and convenience stores
Hotel having state-of-the-art international class facilities with
dedicated executive clubs
Play Field equipped with floodlights
A large swimming pool, skating rink, wave pool, food joints
and change rooms having conveniences
Convenience stores and Beauty saloon
Banking, Postal services, Taxi Services and Electrical repair services
Plumbing and Masonry services
Wireless connectivity for broadband internet access inside &
outside the houses
Restaurant and Banquet hall with facilities for organizing grand
A well-equipped Club and Community Centre having the facilities of
indoor and outdoor games
The flagship hotel of Sahara India Pariwar, is one of India’s
most desirable destinations.
The 5-star hotel strategically located near Mumbai's domestic
airport magnificently depicts Indian mysticism and
culture, while personifying the country's progressive spirit
blending peerless hospitality with ultra-modern technology
Hotel Sahara Star promises to enthrall the world with its sheer
magnificence, an architectural phenomenon, a majestic
landmark, a destination to be experienced in its entire
Sahara Star showcases the world’s largest-pillar-less- clear- tosky - dome, an architectural landmark blending hospitality
and entertainment to offer one of the most individualized
The hotel also features the world's first 'hemisphere' three
compound-curved custom designed all glass panoramic
elevators rising in the exotic 55,000 sq.ft tropical lagoon – a
feature that can’t be found anywhere else
Sahara Star Magnum Opus Phase, completed in June
2013, brings to life a ‘first-of- its- kind' experience in the
• A state-of-the-art, multi-specialty, care hospital providing
world class facilities with more than 50 super specialities and
latest generation equipments under one roof
• spread on approx. 27 acres with approx. 1 million sq. ft. built
up area. Sahara Hospital got operational in February 2009 and
is currently operating with 300 beds (including 130 bed
Critical Care Infrastructure) and is expandable to 554 beds.
• Currently it is running with one of the biggest Critical Care
Infrastructure supported with 7 Ultra Clean Operation
Theatres with most advanced technologies like Portable
CT Scan, Cardiac CT Scan and
• High End Operating Microscopes with a team of dedicated
and renowned Clinicians and highly trained paramedics.
• Facilities for Radiation Oncology are under process and will be
made available in the near future.
• A training facility is being provided at the Sahara College of
Nursing & Paramedical Sciences, which is affiliated to
Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical
University, Lucknow, recognized by Indian Nursing
Council, New Delhi and approved by U.P. State Medical Faculty
and the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
• Sahara India Pariwar is seeking to generate power via
conventional as well as renewable methods and technology,
and is entering the Power Sector through Sahara India Power
Corporation Limited, (SIPCL).
• Its upcoming 1320 MW (2x660) Power Plant in Titilagarh is to
be built on 950 acres in Balangir district in Odisha, with an
investment of more than Rs. 8000 crores
• SIPCL shall also endeavour to provide potable drinking water
for the people of the surrounding villages, Mobile Health
Units (MHUs) and Primary and Higher Secondary education
for the people of Balangir district
At present our product division offers a categories - Sahara Select,
Offering a range of Consumer Products under threerange of products of Sahara
everyday use as
Care & Sahara Sports. well as objects of desire through a chain of
showrooms called 'Unique' in various locations of India. The
number of these showrooms is proposed to be increased to
6000. The products offered come under three categories
1. Sahara Select - Fashion & Lifestyle Products
2. Sahara Care - Daily Need Products and
3. Sahara Sports - Fitness & Leisure Products
•Personal & Beauty Care
•Jewellery & Watches
• Home Furnishings
• Kids Products
•Personal & Beauty Care
• Home Care Food items
•Sports Wear Sports
• FMCG Sales Trade Sales Department (FMCG channel) is engaged in
selling Detco washing powder, Classic White Soap, Mosquito
Coil, under the umbrella brand name SAHARA CARE in the states of UP
& Uttranchal for about a year.
• Products are being sold through dealer network on advance payment
term only. They have over 100 Distributors & 10000 Retailers under
•They have a team of sales representatives based at different locations
to look after the sales and assists distributors for the growth of our
Future Prospects of Sahara FMCG
Making new Distributors, Dealers, Retailers, C & F agents for Sahara
Care products. Sahara had hoisted wall paintings & dealer board at
different parts of Uttar Pradesh & Uttranchal.
Retail Sales India represents an economic opportunity on a massive
scale, both as a global base and as a domestic market.
At present the organized sector accounts for only 2 to 4% of the
total market although this is expected to rise by 20 to 25%. Retail
growth in the coming five years is expected to be stronger than GDP
growth, driven by changing lifestyles and by strong income growth.
• Till date , Sahara have opened 38 Sahara Unique retail outlets in
various major cities preferably where our regional offices are located.
All the 38 Sahara Unique Retail outlets are located in the prime
location of the town.
• It has a strong Supply Chain Management system through our
Central Warehouse, State Warehouses and Zonal Warehouses.
• Sahara has a strong centralized data base
management system for Sales, Inventory
controlled with the help of our expert Systems
& I.T. team
ARARIA JUTE PROJECT : Is engaged in creating self- employment to bring
forth socio-economic development of the people of Araria, through its
training-cum-R&D centre and produces eco-friendly, biodegradable top
export quality diversified jute products e.g. Blankets, Carpets, Floor
covering, Handicrafts, Jute Chappals etc. and successfully creating high
demands both in Domestic and International Market.
MASTERCRAFT Top of the line International Retail Store Chain offering luxury
lifestyle products, handmade by master crafters to perfection. Catering to high
end customers, the product line includes apparel for Women, Home
Furnishings, Silk Carpets and Rugs, Fashion Accessories, Jewellery of Gold &
Silver, Precious Stones, Marble, Wooden, Stone and Art Metalware
Masterpieces and Leather Products and much more. Stores to come up in
London, New York, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Dubai, Mumbai and Delhi.
• Sahara provides a lot of different services to
the clients which includes
– Sahara next
– Care House
– Travel and tourism
• It drives and manages Corporate IT & Telecom
• Sahara Next contributes externally in the IT, Telecom
space, Business Process Outsourcing, Web Media
Initiatives and leads in providing Mobility Solutions
across various platforms and domains.
• A 360-degree business approach covering
Process, Delivery, Business and Technology Innovations
help Sahara Next to work collaboratively with clients
for cost take-outs, speed to market and New Business
• Sahara India Pariwar, as an emotionally integrated family
has been consistently offering new and unique range of
products/ services to its valued customers.
• Sahara Care House is an offering exclusively for Indians
Residing Overseas ( IRO's), who have strengthened India
economically and earned great respect for the country and
for all Indians across the world.
• To show gratitude and respect, Sahara India Pariwar would
like to offer a "Single Window Service" for extending a
caring hand to their families and friends back home in India
through a bouquet of attractive services/ benefits.
• Sahara Care House is a means to make your loved
ones living in India feel that you genuinely "Care"
for their big and small needs of life, be it an
emergency medical care for your dear ones
• Sahara have dedicated Relationship
Ambassadors who are sensitive and can be relied
upon for going that extra mile, which only a
family member would.
• The services of Sahara Care House are available
through a 24x365 call centre committed to
provide immediate support and assistance.
Travel and tourism
• India's largest integrated travel & Tourism services company
• Sahara Global is an integrated Tourism and Travel
Management company that creates service
excellence, trust, integrity, innovation and believes in building
long term relationships.
• The services provided are Outbound Travel, Inbound
Travel, Domestic Travel, Conference And Exhibitions
• An 24*7 portal is made in which all travel activities can be
Sahara In sports
• Sahara India Pariwar is currently serving its third consecutive
term as the official sponsor of Indian Cricket Team – a proud
association that began in 2001.
• It is befitting that a privileged the opportunity was offered to
us to involve ourselves in the making of the cricket stadium at
Pune which has been named as the “Subrata Roy Sahara
• In 2010, Sahara bagged the much coveted Indian Premier
League franchise and its team, Pune Warriors India is now a
part of this very prestigious cricket league.
• Sahara also officially sponsors Asia's oldest football
league – The Calcutta Football League, the Senior
Indian Hockey Team since the year 2003, and has
patronized the annual 'Sheesh Mahal Tournament'
which is one of the premier and the oldest summer
cricket tournaments of India.
• It has also been the official partner to the Indian
Contingent for the Athens Olympics 2004.
• Sahara also mobilized its resources to contribute to the
success of the Delhi Commonwealth Games, 2010.
• Sahara has adopted 95 promising individuals from 6
Olympic disciplines, namely
Wrestling, Boxing, Shooting, Archery, Track & Field
and Tennis until and after the 2012 London Olympics
with a view to help India claim more medals in the
international sporting arena.
• Sahara’s support to the National Championships of
Wrestling, Boxing, Shooting and Archery augers well
for the future of these disciplines in the Indian
• Sahara India Pariwar’s enduring saga of sports promotion is
reflected well through its sponsorship of major events
– the historic Sahara Cup Cricket at Toronto
– Sahara India Gold Cup
– Indira Gandhi Hockey (Delhi, 1995)
– World Junior Powerlifting (Delhi, 1995)
– Asia Cup Tennis (Delhi, 1997
– Women Cricket Test Match Series (India Vs. England, 2003)
– SAARC Inter Airline Cricket Tournament
(Kathmandu, 2003); Under-19 One-day International
Cricket Series (Nepal Vs. India, 2003)
– Golf Achievers Cup (2003)
– Commonwealth Under-19 Cricket Tournament