Round-OneAfter IQ,EQ and AQ..Let’s check our….KNOWLEDGE QUOTIENT
• Right Answer – 10 points• Wrong Answer – (-5)• Question passes to next team only, if answered correct, then you get 5 bonus points.• If answered wrong, question passes to the audience.
TEAM-ONE Ranked on 98th in overall ranking in the "India Most Trusted Brands 2003" Survey done by A.C. Nielsen ORG MARG commissioned by " The Economics Times".Its products are exported to several countries worldwide including Canada,Australia, Srilanka, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, Indonesia,Qatar, Hongkong, Japan, Kenya, North Korea, Nigeria, Mauritius, United Kingdom, Zambia and Bahrain.In additional to thesepackaged products, it has its own outlets where it sells sweets and eatables. It was started by Shri Gangabisanji Agrawal in 1937 in Bikaner.It is presently headquartered in Nagpur in Maharastra.
TEAM-THREE This retail outlet was first given the urdu word for "trousers".Later the name was added with two more words and it hasbecome a fashion hub among the youth of India?I am talking about which fashion retail outlet?It belongs to which business group in India?
• "Patloon" the urdu word for trousers was the first name of Kishore Biyanis fashion retail outlet.Later he renamed it as "pantaloons",which had a funky appeal to the young mass.It belongs to the Future Group
TEAM-FOUR Salvadore Persica - the famousToothbrush Tree used for centuries. Theastringent and bactericidal properties of ithelp reduce tooth decay, fight plaque andprevent gum disease.Which Indian brand has got its name from it?
TEAM-FIVE Dandekar & Co. started operations with Horse Brand Ink Powders and Tablets. Later, for their flagship product, they chose anotheranimal known for its capacity to endure long periods of difficulty as their logo. It was also easy to write and pronounce in all the Indianlanguages and was acceptable to all the religions of the land. Theychanged the company name itself based on the product name later on. Which brand are we talking about?
TEAM-SIX In medical terminology, It is called‘Intertrigo’. Which popular brand came as a solution to it?Identify the brand.It had addressed an issue, which was socommon, so personal to everyone, yet so unspoken.
• Correct answer : 15 points• No negatives for wrong answers• Questions won’t be passing to the next team.
TEAM-ONE The first ‘celebrity’ share broker, his car collection and private luxuries had been the envy of the town i.e. till the ‘Stock Market’ scam of 1992 broke out. Amounts up to Rs 4,100 Crore were siphoned off. While almost all the accused are behind bars, thelead player has passed away. What was the name of this ‘prolific’player, who is forever etched in the memory of the Indian investor as the quintessential bad boy?
ROUND-THREE UP THE LADDER• If you answer with first clue, it gets you 30 points• If you answer with second clue, it gets you 20 points• If you answer with third clue, it gets you 10 points
1. This is a womens organisation of the women, by the women and for thewomen. It was started in 1959(15th March), with 7 lady members with aborrowed sum of Rs. 80/- at Girgaum in Mumbai. This is recognized by Khadi &Village Industries Commission (KVIC).2. Received Award from Khadi & Village Industries Commission asBest Village Industries Institution for the period 1998 - 1999 to 2000 – 2001.Also, The Economic Times Award given to the Institution for CorporateExcellence "Business Woman Of the Year" on 6th September 2002.Onlywoman can become member of this organization.3. It created some of the global and national brands namely Lijjat papad,Sasa detergent etc. (Photograph of a boy Babla - eating papad alongwithBunny Rabbit with papad in hand is very popular.) TEAM-ONE
1. A Harvard graduate politician who is an MP fromSivaganga constitution of Tamilnadu.2. He is also an eminent lawyer.He represented the.bankrupt American energy gaint Enron, as a seniorlawyer in India, and is again set to revive its Dhabolpower project.3. Together with present Prime Minister ManmohanSingh and Deputy Chairman of India’s PlanningCommission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia is a part ofwhat the Indian financial press calls India’seconomic ‘dream team’. TEAM-TWO
1. He is an alumnus of Stanford University, USA. Hewas forced to discontinue his engineering studies inthe States due to the untimely death of his father.Returning to India to take charge of a cooking oilcompany, the youth infused new life into the familystraditional mindset and trade.2. Shombit Sengupta designed his company logo.3 . He was rated the richest person in the country from1999 to 2005 by Forbes. Learning Curve is a newsletterfrom his NGO. TEAM-THREE
1. It is a division of Indias largest coffee conglomerate,Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Ltd.(ABCTCL).2. It has become India’s largest and premier retailchain of cafes with 265 cafes in 62 cities around thecountry.3. This brand started vending on skies through itstie-up with Air-Deccan. TEAM-FOUR
•Rated among the Worlds Best Big Companies, Asias Fab 50and the Worlds Most Reputable Companies by Forbes magazine,among Indias Most Respected Companies by BusinessWorldand among Indias Most Valuable Companies by Business Today,it ranks third in pre-tax profit among Indias private sectorcorporations.• Mangaldeep, Aim, VAX Lit wax matches, Expressions greetingcard belong to this Indian company. .•Y C Deveswar is the chairman of this company. Well known forits E-Chaupal project. TEAM-FIVE
8 out of the 10 Indian gold medalists at the 15th Asian Games, Doha, 2006 work for this organisation.This company has featured in the 2006 list of Fortune Global 500 companies at position 402. It contributes 77% of Indias crude oil production and 81 % of Indias natural gas production. It is the highest profit making corporation in India. TEAM-SIX
ROUND-FOURIts not “INTEL inside.. Its “MENTAL inside”
POINT SYSTEM• Unscramble the given word and get the answer• Correct Answer : 50 POINTS• No negatives, if you pass.Wrong answer fetches you –30.• Question passes to the next team only and fetches them 30 points if answered correctly
QUESTION-ONE PEA LOG RAR Unscramble the above organisation name.