1.The X Lake is a reservoir located in the hills 15 km to the North ofShillong in the state of Meghalaya, India. It was created by dammingthe X river in the early 1960s. The principal catchment area of the lakeand dam is spread over 220 square km.The lake was formed as part of building a Dam. The dam startedconstruction in 1965. The dam has the distinction of being the firstHydel power project in the North-east region of India.Give me X (PS : You hear its name countless times everyday :D )
2.In May 2006, X moved to Los Angeles and started her career in adult filmsjust after turning 18.Originally she toyed with the name Anna Karina, takenafter the French New Wave actress, before deciding on her present name.Her first scene was an orgy with Rocco Siffredi for The Fashionistas 2 by JohnStagliano.All of us IITians know her really well(a bit too much for comfort :P)Identify X.
X-Sasha Grey.For those of you who don’t know whoshe is, open DC and type Sasha Grey inthe ‘Quick Search’ tab. You will find lotsof interesting stuff :P
3. X,is a type of confectionary from the Indian subcontinent. Plain X is made from condensed milk, cooked with sugar until it solidifies. The name is derived from the Persian word ___ which means "snow", since X is similar to ice/snow in appearance, this is why it is served cold. Identify X ,which has been making headlines in India and all over the world.
X-Barfi :DAnd, as all of you know, Barfi!(the movie) ismaking headlines all over the world.
4. The names of rival dons Sabir Alam and Fahim Khan, lords of two mafia families are associated with X(a town). Though out on bail after spending eight years in jail, Sabir Alam rarely stays at home due to the threat to his life. Fahim Khan, who is still alive and in the Hazaribagh jail currently, is son of Shafi Khan, who had a rivalry with Surya Dev Singh. X was once in Bengal, then in Bihar and is now a part of some other state. Give me X.
5. In geometry, the X, also called an 8-cell or regular octachoron or cubic prism, is the four-dimensional analog of the cube; the X is to the cube as the cube is to the square. Just as the surface of the cube consists of 6 square faces, the hypersurface of the X consists of 8 cubical cells. The X is one of the six convex regular 4-polytopes. A generalization of the cube to dimensions greater than three is called a "hypercube", "n-cube" or "measure polytope". The X is the four-dimensional hypercube, or 4- cube. In a recent Hollywood flick, X was portrayed as an unlimited energy source. Give me X.
X-The Tesseract.And the Hollywood flick was ‘TheAvengers’.
6. “X" is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Y district of Seoul, where people are trendy, hip and exude a certain supposed "class". In a CNN interview, Z has compared Y to Beverly Hills, California: “Y is a territory in Seoul, Korea. I describe it as noble at the daytime and going crazy at the night time. I compare ladies to the territory. So — noble at the daytime, going crazy at the night time — and the lyric says I am the right guy for the lady who is like that.“ Identify X(a two word term) and Y.
7. She was born in Meerut in a Jat family to an officer with the Indian Army. She was named after a character in the Mahabharata, by her mother. After completing her education, she entered modeling, where her ad credits include ICICI bank and Alukkas Jewellery, and gradually shifting to music videos, she performed Gulzars Sunset Point. She made her debut in a critically acclaimed movie by the director of movies like Dharavi & Chameli. She presently can be seen in quite a few ads. She is said to look strikingly similar to a late Bollywood actress. Her brother and husband are in the same profession. Name her.
8.The iPhone 5 smartphone was unveiled to the world inSeptember 2012 and boasts of being the thinnestsmartphone ever. As usual, its announcement wasmarked with catchy Apple promotions.According to Apples slogan for this promotion, theiPhone is "the biggest thing to happen to iPhone since___".What?
9. "The Man Who Made the Elephant Dance" is an audio-book released on September 6, 2012. In fact, its the audio version of a book called "I Too Had a Dream", the biography of a famous Indian. During the function, N. R. Narayana Murthy remarked: "A civilized society must show gratitude when people can sense it, or it is no gratitude at all and if our country does not stand and salute [him] with a Bharat Ratna, I dont know who else deserves it." About whom was he talking about?
13. It is called Montezumas revenge or Aztec two step in Mexico, Pharaohs Revenge or Cairo two-step in Egypt, Kurtz Hurtz in Uzbekistan, Suryavarmans Revenge in Cambodia, Kabulitis in Afghanistan & Katmandu quickstep in Nepal. In Canada it is termed beaver fever. A recent local term in Pattaya, Thailand, is Thai-dal wave. Peacekeepers to Arabic-speaking countries have called it yalla yalla (Arabic for fast fast) referring to the extreme urgency it causes. This one is similar to corre corre meaning run run used in some regions of Colombia. What is it called in India?
14. What’s the significance of this particular building?? Hint: You will get this if you watch sitcoms.
The Greenwich Village building, 90 BedfordStreet, used as the friends apartmentblock(In the sitcom FRIENDS)
15.XY is a scotch blended whisky that is produced by WilliamSanderson & Son Limited of South Queensferry, West Lothian,Scotland.In 1882, William Sanderson prepared one hundred casks ofblended whisky and hired a panel of experts to taste them.The batch from the cask (or “X”) with number Y was judged tobe the best, and this provided the whiskys brand name.Give me XY.