HTML Semantics For Web
• What is HTML Semantics?
• Why is it important?
• How it affects Wordpress?
• Plus Points
What is Semantics?
• Semantics is the study of meaning
• Every Language has its own semantics
• Semantic is not what you say, but what you
• It’s all about Communication.
What is HTML Semantics?
• To write code that is readable to computer.
• Labeling content by what it is, rather than
what it looks like.
• Proper use of tags.
Web is a system of interlinked documents accessed via the internet. It’s the
largest source of information known.
eg. <h1>,<h2>... for Headers(Titles), <p> for Paragraph, <date> for
Dates/Time, <ul> for unordered list, <ol> for Ordered list, <dl> for Data-list
Why is it Important?
• Your proper display of website is not enough.
• Your website should also be readable to
machine, which renders your code to website.
How it affects WordPress?
• WordPress follows web standards.(if your
website is not well documented or not well
formatted it will not appear to your desired
• Wordpress editor will display the proper HTML
only. (if you’ve written code which wasn’t
valid according to web standard, it will be