• White Tailed Deer Is the most
abundant large mammal in North
• It is also the most widely hunted
mammal in the united states.
• They can live for up to 15 years in the
• White Tailed Deer live off of a wide
variety of food sources including
acorns, corn, legumes, and most PA
native grasses , leaves and plant
• The Eastern gray Squirrel can be
found in a variety of habitats from
forests to city parks.
• Eastern Gray Squirrels have graysish
brown fur with a white/ gray
• They spend a majority of there lives
in the trees
• The most common types of trees
they are found in are white Oak,
American Beech, Red maple, and
• The Eastern Gray Squirrel feeds on
acorn, walnuts, beechnuts, maple
buds and bark, Black Cherry, some
grasses, and in some cases insects.
White Footed Mouse
• The White Footed Mouse is found in
wooded/ Brush areas, or next to
wooded areas. White footed mice area
also burrowers and mainly come out at
• White footed Mice have brown or
grayish fur with white fur underneath.
They also have large ears and tails.
• White footed mice feed off of nuts and
seeds along with some insects and
plants such as black cherry,
jewelweed, yellow poplar, and
• One interesting fact about the white
footed mouse is that they sometimes
drum with there front feet on hollow
reeds and make a buzzing noise.
• The Eastern Cottontail has light
brown or gray fur with erectly held
ears, and white tail.
• The eastern cottontail can be found
in open grassy fields or edge of
forested area with shrubs or thorns.
• Eastern cottontails feed off of mainly
grasses along with wild strawberries,
plantains, and clover.
• The eastern cottontail is mainly
nocturnal, only coming out at night
to feed but can be spotted during the
day in the summer months.
• Also known as the field mouse the
meadow vole is found in grassy fields
and woodland areas.
• The meadow vole ahs yellowish
brown to reddish and blackish brown
fur and is about seven inches in size.
• They are mainly nocturnal and
remain in there burrows. but are
active year round.
• Meadow voles feed on many types of
grasses, seeds, and flowering plants
along with clover and plantain.
• Meadow voles are very good diggers
and can build networks of
underground burrows to escape