Be the first to like this
Why optimal flowering periods?
• Autumn rainfall decline (Cai et al. 2012)
• At least partly attributable to anthropogenic climate change (Cai et al.2013) and results in the systems which bring the ‘autumn break’ to SEAustralia being less frequent (Pook et al. 2006, 2009)
• Sowing dates required for current cultivars to achieve optimal flowering periods coincide with marked rainfall decline which has regionally reduced yield
• In addition, > farm size and > extreme spring weather
• Farmers need new cultivar x management strategies to stabilise flowering time