Cloud computing and managed services (Sumit Dutta, CSSWA)
A broad range of appropriate insurance
Reduced premiums through utilising
the collective purchasing power of the
community sector in WA; and
Improved accessibility to insurance
• ICT Project Management and Strategic ICT planning.
• ICT auditing, consulting and advisory services.
• Links to approved ICT vendors along with a fully qualified
and referenced products and services directory (currently
• A range of ICT technology and cost planning tools; and
• An online interactive helpdesk facility
• Online facility where your Q & As can be posted and
Community Sector Services seeks the most cost effective
infrastructure products for community organisations.
Questions to ask the vendor
• What is the contract commitment? i.e., 12 months, 24
• Can I add/delete/change the number of users easily
and at what cost?
• What Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) do you
• What disaster recovery/backup/restore facilities do
you have in place?
• How secure is my data?
• Contract termination costs and getting the data back?
Some Typical Costs
Managed Server - $25 - $45 per desktop per month for file
Cloud Apps are variable
Gmail is free
File Storage 2GB to 25GB is often free
Microsoft Office Web App is free with a Windows Live ID plus Skydrive
Review your current ICT environment
Link to ICT specialist partners and ICT Training