8 Important Tips to Finding An
Excellent Auto Body Repair Shop
By Steve Frizzell
Finding a good auto body shop is a necessity, because your car will
eventually need repairs. Perhaps you aren't worried about this and
have decided to take your car to the car dealer for servicing. This
may seem like a good idea, but may not be very practical.
Car dealerships are usually very expensive when it comes to auto repairs. This is why it
is important to find a shop that is close to your home or business, is affordable, and
employs skilled technicians. Of course, finding a shop which is ethical is also very
important. You do not want your auto mechanic selling you services you don't need.
Even worse, are the shops which will lie to you about the damage present in your
vehicle, simply to get more money from you.
Here are some things that are important to consider when looking for an auto repair
1. You should start looking before you actually need to get your car repaired. You
don't want to be in a position where you absolutely need to have your car repaired
and have no idea where to get the repairs done. Desperate people sometimes
make desperate and very bad decisions simply out of necessity.
2. Talk to your friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Chances are they can make some
good recommendations or at least warn you which shops you should avoid.
3. Call shops and talk to the manager of the shop. Ask about their policies, the
experience of the workers, and the cost of their services. While it is important to not
choose a shop solely based on price, this is a very important factor.
4. Assess how well the shop is run. If the shop seems disorganized, you may want to
consider another shop. Likewise, if the shop is excessively busy, you may want to
look for another place.
5. Evaluate the attitudes of the customers. Are they very angry as they are paying
their bills? Are customers complaining about the time they have to wait for repairs?
6. Check to see how long the shop has been in business. Good shops will tend to stay
around for quite a while.
7. Ask about the type of payments the shop excepts. Do they offer loans for extensive
repairs? Will they accept personal checks or not?
8. Mom and pop shop or chain shop? There are benefits and drawbacks to both.
However, mom and pop shops usually take a great deal of pride in their work and
value providing their customers with excellent service. You may not experience this
is a chain shop. Then again, a chain shop may be able to provide things that a
mom and pop shop can not provide, such as a nice waiting room, complementary
food, or even a rental car.
9. Finally, you may want to take your car to the shop to have a minor maintenance
procedure done to assess the experience. For example, you may want to take your
vehicle to the shop to have an oil change done. By doing this, you can get some
valuable insights as to how the shop will handle other repairs.
As you can see, finding a good auto repair shop is not too difficult. However, it will take
some time and effort but will be more than worth it.
If you've been in an accident, or just need some cosmetic work done, Majestic
Collision is someone that you can trust and depend on. They deal directly with your
insurance provider, and also supply you with valet shuttle service and rental car
support. For more information, go to www.mybodyshop.ca.