Simply prepared by:
Characterized by 5 competencies:
a) Strategic direction
b) Product design
c) Structural versatility
d) Product delivery
e) Accountability for results
• Strategic direction includes a clearly described goal and direction to the
department, as well as a customer focus that includes customizing training
to meet customer needs and continuously improving programs.
• A Business-Embedded training function not only views trainees as
customers, but also views managers as customers who make decisions to
send employees to training, and senior-level managers as customers who
allocate more training.
• BE function is customer-focused which takes more responsibility for
learning and evaluating training effectiveness, provides customized
training solutions based on customer needs and determines when and
how to deliver training based on customer needs.
• In BE training functions, all persons who are involved in the training
process communicate and share resources.
a) Trainers : who are responsible for developing training materials,
b) Supporting trainees: work together to ensure that learning occurs.
• Example: Access to project managers and subject-matter experts can be
provided by developers to instructors who usually do not have contact
with these groups.
• The number of trainers in BE training functions varies according to the
demand for products and services
• The trainers not only have specialized competencies such as instructional
design but can serve as internal consultants and provide a wide range of
services likes needs assessment, content improvement, customization of
programs and result measurement.
The Business-Embedded Model
With Centralized Training
• It often includes a corporate university.
• Apart from that, this approach allows the company
to gain benefits of centralized training.
• It also ensures that training can provide programs,
content, and delivery methods that meet the needs
of specific businesses.