How can use a hypertext, hypermedia and multimedia for improving the language skills
HOW CAN USE A HYPERTEXT,
HYPERMEDIA AND MULTIMEDIA
FOR IMPROVING THE LANGUAGE
By: Maicol Suntasig
• Hypertext refers to links among textual items,
often indicated on a computer or website by key
words set in underlined blue type, that, when
highlighted by a pointer device (e.g. mouse,
trackball, finger on a touch-sensitive screen) and
selected or clicked, take the reader to the referent.
Hypertext is text which is not constrained to
Hypertext is text which contains links to
Hypertext and HyperMedia are concepts,
• Hypermedia refers to similar links to
those used in hypertext, but instead of
simply linking text to text, hypermedia
involves linking various media, such as
sound, images, animation and/or video.
FOR example, a word or picture might
have a link to a sound file giving its
Differences in positions on computer intelligence are only
a matter of semantics. While we do not expect a computer
to think and converse intelligently, it can have some
features than appear to simulate intelligence.
• Multimedia tends to feature
several media types including
text, images, sound, video
• Multimedia systems must be computer controlled.
• Multimedia systems are integrated.
• The information they handle must be represented digitally.
• The interface to the final presentation of media is usually interactive.
• DEFINITION: Clic to read the definition
• Click the picture to listen the