Successfully reported this slideshow.
Steps in Dealing with the Environment Challenges
•Maintain the highest
standards of professional and
•Strive for personal growth in
the field of human resource
•Support the Society’s goals
and objectives for developing
the human resource
•Encourage my employer to
make the fair and equitable
treatment of all employees a
•Strive to make my employer
profitable both in monetary
terms and through the support
and encouragement of
•Instill in the employees and
the public a sense of
confidence about the conduct
and intentions of my
•Maintain loyalty to my
employer and pursue its
objectives in ways that are
consistent with the public
•Uphold all laws and
regulations relating to my
•Refrain from using my official
position, either regular or
volunteer, to secure special
privilege, gain or benefit for
•Maintain the confidentiality
of privileged information.
understanding of the role of
human resource management.
1. Explain how the growing diversity in an organization’s workforce may
contribute to the need for greater flexibility in the organization’s work rules.
2. As the numbers of workers employed at large firms grew in the 1800s, how id
employers respond to employees; needs?
3. Assuming that the trend towards robotics and artificial intelligence continues
into the next century, how might managers and HR departments be affected?
4. Why should managers and HR specialists monitor demographic trends?
5. Assuming that the Karachi workforce continues to become more diversified,
how will managers and HR department be affected?
6. How could the increased professionalization of the HR field benefit HR
practitioners and their employers?
7. How do economic cycles affect the HR function? Give an example of an HR
policy that takes variations in the economy into account.
8. What is the purpose of a code of ethics such as the one developed by SHRM?
Can you suggest any additions to SHRM’s code?