Just about every organization claim
today that their human resource are
their most important and valuable
So what is about the staff, employee, workers and
operatives that make them so important to the
management of any organization?
Human Resource Management
involves the process of managing
people to perform various task within
the organization so as to achieve
Human Resource managers are responsible to create
‘win win’ relationships for both the individual
employee and the organization as a whole.
Human Resource Management is the
function within an organization that
deals with issues related to people
such as compensation, hiring,
organization development, safety,
wellness, benefits, employee
administration, and training.
The purpose of human resource
management is to improve the
productive contribution of people to the
organization in ways that are
strategically, ethically, and socially
Human Resource Activities are actions
that are taken to provide and maintain
an appropriate workforce for the
organization. Not every organization
undertakes every activities. HR
departments simply focus on the
activities that are most important for the
Human Resource activities are actions that are taken to provide and
maintain an appropriate workforce for the organization
As demand change
With an eye
new staffing need
With an eye
are tuned to the
Union – management relations
activities and objectives
activities, challenges to &
from the environment.
1. Since HR department are typically seen as a cost of operations,
explain how they contribute to an organization’s ability to confront
the increased globalization of business now taking ;lace throughout
2. Describe the purpose and primary objectives of an HR department.
3. Why is improved human productivity important to organizations?
4. Explain the relationship between societal needs and the activities of
a human resource department.
5. What benefits exist when the HR department is viewed with a
6. Why is proactive approach to human resource management more
7. If a Bank opened a branch in a distant city, what activities would the
HR department need to undertake before a fully operational and
staffed branch was ready for business?