Brain Grill Ceramic and General Quiz IIT BHU 2014 Prelims
The General Quiz
Indian Ceramic Society in association with
Department of Ceramic Engineering presents
QM: Mahendra Mohan Das10th April, 2014
• Quizmaster is God (or Lord, whatever you want to
say). Whatever he says is correct.
• 20 questions in the prelims. 1 marks for each correct
• No negative marking. Guess freely. I love guesses.
• Star mark questions will be used to break ties, if any.
• Keep your cellphones in silent mode; or preferably
switch it off. Any ringtone during the prelims will get
you out of the room.
• Maintain suitable gap between two teams.
• You all cleared JEE, so no need to teach what
competition means. Don’t show answers to others.
And don’t discuss.
• What unofficial holiday is celebrated among chemists
and chemistry students on October 23, between 6:02
AM and 6:02 PM?
• 6.02 X 10^23 being Avogadro’s number.
• In the cartoon,
given to Barack
• Who brought out this ad campaign? What is so
special about Shyam Saran Negi, the person featuring
• (video inserted)
• Google India’s pledge to vote campaign.
• Shyam Saran Negi in Independent India’s first voter.
• Roosevelt was once invited to a hunting trip. Most of
the hunters competing had already killed an animal. A
suite of Roosevelt's attendants cornered, clubbed, and
tied an animal to a willow tree after a long exhausting
chase, called Roosevelt to the site and suggested that
he should shoot it. He refused to shoot it himself,
deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that it
should be killed to put it out of its misery. It became the
topic of a political cartoon by Clifford Berryman in The
Washington Post on November 16, 1902. While the
initial cartoon figured an adult animal, later issues of
that and other Berryman cartoons made the animal
smaller and cuter.
• What got its name after this incident?
• According to a story, X was a large cannon, which
was strategically placed on the wall. A shot from a
Parliamentary cannon succeeded in damaging the
wall beneath X which caused the cannon to tumble
to the ground. The Royalists, or Cavaliers attempted
to raise X on to another part of the wall, but because
the cannon was so heavy that they couldn’t place it
• What is being talked about?
• A minimalist poster is a
type of poster which
signifies a main plot,
dialogue, portion or
minimal portraying of
a movie/ song/ series/
painting etc. with
which it can be
• The poster on the right
is a minimalist poster
of which famous work
• She is the wealthiest
woman in India, and in
2012, she and her family
were listed by Forbes as
the world's 80th “richest
• Either identify her, or,
name the group of
companies which she
manages as the non-
• Sardar Krishan Singh of Katni conceived the idea in
1921, however it could not become possible due to
the lack of organization. Continueing on the idea, Mr.
T. W. Talwalkar, after his return to India in 1927, started
contacting people and put them under the same
roof. Finally, on April 15, 1928, the idea became a
• What is being talked about?
• It is the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's
continental crust, after feldspar.
• According to colour, its varieties are:
• Rose ___
• Smoky ___
• Milky ___
• Which material?