Case on boots hair care…
Taken care by: MD.AZHARUDDIN
What the case is all about?
• Sales promotion of boots hair care product.
• Their types.
• Consumer preferences for those products.
• And its competitor.
Let us know about the company..
• Boots was established in 1849, by John Boot. After his
father's death in 1860, Jesse Boot, aged 10, helped his
mother run the family's herbal medicine shop in
Nottingham, which became Boot and Co. Ltd in 1883,
then Boots Pure Drug Company Ltd. in 1888. In
1920, Jesse Boot sold the company to the
American United Drug Company. However, because
of deteriorating economic circumstances in North
America Boots was sold back into British hands in 1933.
Boots deals with..
• Health and beauty products.
• Self –medication.
Journey of thousand miles begin
with a single step…….
Post war regeneration and
• In 1949 new factory for cosmetics
manufacturing at Airdrie in Scotland.
• A new power house.
• Printing works.
• A new pharmaceuticals research building in 1959
Major competitors of boots:
• Alberto culver: 2000 franchised store in us. St.
ives, vo5, consort hair care for men.
• L’oreal: société française de teintures
inoffensives pour cheveux.
500 brands and more than 2000 products.
It held more than 5% share of the U.K hair
Retailer of similar category.
• Superdrug started in 1966. (700 stores in U.K).
It has attractive physical facilities.