Do you feel like you are a great leader at work and
in your personal life?
• We will give you strategies to accelerate your leadership
skills so that you can start to thrive during these changing
Director of Learning, Magical Leaders
What we are covering today
• What Leadership 2.0 is and how it can help you
• 6 Behaviours and skills of Leadership 2.0
• Ways to grow leaders at every level of your organisation
• Ways to build world-class teams
• Where to get more help.
• There is a surprise waiting for you at the end of this
• Stick around and find out what it is
What’s the hardest part of leadership for you?
18 month system project – stalled - everything
had to go through the boss
What was delivered was out of date and not
The old model of leadership - only existing at
the top of a business - is not working well in
this new environment
Change is now a constant, so businesses need
more leaders at every level in order to perform
Leadership is not about your position,
it’s about your mindset: how you think,
feel and act.
If you don’t have the leadership 2.0 mindset
you will miss opportunities and potentially
If you do have the leadership 2.0 mindset you
will see around corners and be sort after by
The 6 Behaviours of Leadership 2.0
From Robin Sharma:
1. Less excuses, more results
2. Relentless innovation against yesterday’s
3. Being productive instead of busy and distracted
4. Using change and obstacles as opportunity to take
things to the next level
5. Standing for world-class quality in all you do
6. Having the ‘grit’ and persistence to stay with your
goals through all failure until success is reached.
Which of those behaviours, if you worked on
them, would help you grow?
• Leadership begins with self-leadership
• You can’t lead others if you don’t lead yourself
• Your daily performance always shows us your
• People watch your behaviour even when you don’t
think they do
• The people around you become more like who you
are. If you want to grow a world-class team, then
you need to be world-class.
Leadership starts with YOU
“There is no bigger impediment to your
transformation efforts than weak leadership.”
If I gave you a race horse that had the potential to earn
you $1m+, how would you treat it?
Source: MJ Boswell
You are that racehorse
• According to a 2012 report* an Australian with Year 11
or below (ie. education/qualifications) can expect to
earn $1.7m over their lifetime.
• A person with a post-graduate degree can earn up to
$3.2m over their lifetime.
AMP.NATSEM Income & Wealth Report Issue 32 – Smart Australians: Education and Innovation in Australia, October 2012
• Dr James Rouse refers to self care as performance-
• Your ability to lead and support others comes from what you
do each day to lead and look after yourself
Effective self-care is a business decision
Improving Self Care
Schedule your self care including:
• Daily foundations – 5am club (exercise, planning,
meditation, learning), gratitude, reflection
• Regular breaks and solitude – get out in nature
• Eating well and staying hydrated
• Connecting with loved ones/friends
• Getting enough sleep
• Doing something that makes you happy.
• If you’re not scared often, you’re not growing very much
• Difficult conditions build stronger leaders
• Every problem contains the gift of an opportunity to make
things even better.
Change = feeling uncomfortable = growth
High vs Average Performance
High-performance teams Average performance teams
Quadrant 1 20-25% 25-30%
Quadrant 2 65-80% 15%
Quadrant 3 15% 50-60%
Quadrant 4 Less than 1% 2-3%
Growing More Leaders
• Leadership is an attitude. It’s about:
• Seeing your work as a craft
• Going the extra mile
• Representing superb quality
• Taking absolute personal responsibility
• Knowing that all work has dignity, is a chance to
express talent and is an opportunity to make a
difference for others.
World-class teams have:
• Peak performance philosophies
• A-players only
• No excuses zone
• Leadership language.
What kind of impact would it have on you if
you grew your leadership skills?
Would you like help growing your leadership skills?
Then email us for:
• A copy of these slides
• The recording of this webinar.
For the first 10 people that email us at
email@example.com, you will also
receive a free 30 minute coaching