1. ¡MADRID! STRATEGIC LOCATION2. ¡MADRID! BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES3. ¡MADRID! HIGH QUALITY RESOURCES4. ¡MADRID! UNIQUE QUALITY OF LIFE5. ¡MADRID! SUPPORT BUSINESS
1. ¡MADRID! STRATEGIC LOCATION1. ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF SPAIN2. A STRATEGIC LOCATION3. 1ST CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE4. LOGISTICS PLATFORM
MOST ATTRACTIVE CAPITAL IN SOURHERN EUROPE - 6.2 Million People, 18.7% Spanish GDP. - 3rd metropolis in Europe. - Per capita GDP is 69% above Spains´s average A STRATEGIC LOCATION -The best springboard to Europe, Latin America and the Mediterranean: + 1.3 billion customers. -“Multilatinas” have their european offices in Madrid. -More than 25% of direct flight between Europe and Latin America start or end in Madrid.
FIRST CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE - Center of the largest and most modern railroad systems in Europe: 2.230 Km of High Speed Rail Network. - Spain´s network of expressways has its center in Madrid: + 15.000kms. - Modern Airport, with capacity for 70 million passengers a year, the 2nd in Europe. LOGISTICS PLATFORM- Largest Multimodal logistics platform in Spain.24Million m2.- 7 logistics centres connected.- The largest dry port in the UE and the largest foodmarket in Europe, 2nd in the world.
2. ¡MADRID! BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES 1. A DIVERSIFIED, SERVICE-BASED ECONOMY 2. INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE 3. COMPANIES CHOOSE MADRID 4. STABLE AND RELIABLE SOCIAL, FISCAL AND LABOR ENVIRONMENT 5. MADRID, GLOBAL CITY 6. A FAVORITE DESTINATION FOR FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
MADRID GLOBAL CITY - 75 Double Taxation Treaties signed and 16 about to be signed. - 71 Treaties signed to protect foreign investments. SERVICE ECONOMY - Services account for 83,5% of the economy. - World leaders are established in Madrid.INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE - 4th financial centre in Europe. - Spanish banks have gained a good international reputation. - 4th largest Stock Exchange in Europe and 7th in the world
COMPANIES CHOOSE MADRID-Largest business hub in Spain.-72% of the 2000 main spanish companies.- The 10th first Spanish companies included inFortune 500 ranking have headquarters in Madrid.-5th European city according to Global Cities Indexby AT Kearney. STABLE AND RELIABLE LEGAL, SOCIAL AND LABOR ENVIRONMENT -The legal system is modern and stable, consistent with EU rules. -Labor conflicts are rare.
A FAVORITE DESTINATION FOR FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT- Madrid has received or channelled more than65% of Spain´s total FDI.- Companies from Italy, United Kingdom,Germany, France and the USA lead the FDI inMadrid.- More than 11.500 companies have made Spaintheir home.-In 2010 Spain received 4.7% more IED than in2009, and 8% of green field projects.
3. ¡MADRID! HIGH QUALITY RESOURCES 1. WELL EDUCATED AND ENTREPRENEUR HUMAN CAPITAL 2. LEADIND SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 3. STATE-OF-THE-ART ICT AND RENEWABLE ENERGIES 4. LIFE SCIENCES CLUSTER 5. AVAILABLE INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL SPACE
WELL EDUCATED AND ENTREPRENEUR HUMAN CAPITAL - 16 universities graduate 40,000 students a year. - 172 nationalities: 17,5% of its inhabitants were born outside Spain. - 1 of 5 Spanish companies are created in Madrid. LEADING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - 25% of Spain´s researchers work and live in Madrid and its suburbs. - 50.000 people work in R&D&iSTATE OF THE ART ICTs and CLEANTECH - Main global firms are in Madrid. - In ICTs and Renewable Energies sectors. - Telefónica, Vodafone, Huawei, IBM, Microsoft, Indra, Endesa, Repsol, BP Solar, Acciona, etc…
LIFE SCIENCE CLUSTER-Largest biotechnology cluster in Spain: Biomadrid.-32% of the biotech firms in Spain are in Madrid.- Spanish and world leaders: Pharmamar/Zeltia, Merck-Serono, Roche, GSK, Pfizer, Sanofi, Lilly, ScheringPlough, etc... AVAILABLE INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL SPACE -Office prices remained at a competitive level compared with other European Capitals. -Wide variety of industrial space: 23 mill. m2. -4.5 mill. M2 y 10 mill. € for industrial parks and technology clusters.
4. ¡MADRID! UNIQUE QUALITY OF LIFE1. A WELCOMING, COSMOPOLITAN CITY2. RECREATION, SPORTS, ENTERTAINMENT3. EXCELLENT URBAN TRANSPORT4. WORLD CLASS TOURISM AND CULTURE5. MEETING POINT FOR TRADE FAIRS AND CONGRESSES
A WELCOMING, COSMOPOLITAN CITY - For FT Spain is the preferred country to live&work in. - 43 international schools and 147 bilingual. - Innovative cooking in more than 15.000 restaurants. RECREATION, SPORTS, ENTERTAINMENT - Extensive green areas for leisure and recreation: + 280.000 trees. - Stop events are internationally top notch.EXCELLENT URBAN TRANSPORT-3rd longest underground network in the world.-Modern and large suburban train and buses network.-By-Pass Calle30 Tunnel has recovered green areas.
WORLD CLASS TOURISM AND CULTURE-Spain: 2nd leading destination in the world. Madrid is itsmain attraction with more than 14 mill. visitors.-350 musea including the world known Prado, ReinaSofía o the Thyssen-Bormemisza.- Close to 5 “World Heritage Cities”.-Accomodation for up to 74,300 people, 24 5* hotels. MEETING POINT FOR TRADE FAIRS & CONGRESSES -Main business tourism destination in Spain. - Future Madrid International Convention Centre. - IFEMA, is the most important trade fair complex in southern Europe: 42.000 exhibitors per year.
5. ¡MADRID! SUPPORTS BUSINESS 1. THE CITY COUNCIL PROMOTES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT 2. MADRIDEMPRENDE, INVESTORS SUPPORT www.investinginmadrid.es www.madridinvestorsupport.es email@example.com
MADRID EMPRENDE Madrid Investors Support Gran Vía,24 – 5th Floor 28013 MadridTel: +34 91 4804772 Fax:+34 91 4802440 www.madridemprende.com www.investinginmadrid.es firstname.lastname@example.org