For use on personal computers including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets and home theatre PC’s. The operating system was released to manufacturing on August 1, 2012, and was released for general availability on October 26, 2012.
You can have 10 inch touch tablets , big screen in your living room or massive gaming systems and business desktops. Allow users to do two things at one by clicking the tiles along the side. The new user interface works well with a mouse and a keyboard in spite of being touch sensitive.
Windows 8 has been designed for touch screens with ARM based processors in which current tablets and smart phones are run on.
Metro UI is able to work well on the tablet but the UI is not very compatible when used on desktop.
Presented By : Madhusudhan
• Version of Microsoft Windows.
• Development started before 2009.
• Microsoft released three pre-release versions:
• Developer preview (September 13, 2011)
• Consumer preview (February 29, 2012)
• Release preview (May 31, 2012)
• Released on October 26, 2012.
• Tile-based Interface
• PC and tablet support.
• Customizable desktop.
• Real time display.
• Simpler Shutdown
• Alt+F4 and Enter.
• Reads everything touched.
• Sounds to confirm.
• Helps blind
• Snap Apps
• View apps while in another program.
• Adjust window size.
• Search Function
• Type anywhere on desktop.
• Xbox Music
• Stream free music.
• Play any song anytime.
• Download MP3s.
WINDOWS 8 TOUCH
• Allows users to use windows with touch interface as well as with mouse and keyboard.
• Works really fast and f luid to get between your running apps.
WINDOWS EXPLORER RIBBON
• Allow users to optimize Explorer for file management tasks.
• Bring back the most relevant and requested features from the Windows XP era.
FILE COPY DIALOG
• Shows individual progress bars when you have multiple copy operations occurring
• Allows to pause a copy operation, if you want to give preference to another operation
CONFLICT RESOLUTION BOX
• Displays a new conf lict resolution
dialog box if a conf lict occurs while
• Allows users to handle the situation
• Able to work on tablet, laptop and desktop.
• Everything is faster in Windows 8.
• There is Windows App Store.
• Designed to support the touch screen.
• Metro UI is not very compatible when used on desktop.
• Metro multitasking is limited to 2 applications only.
• Difficult to move between screens.
• No option to turn tiles into icons.
• Tiles caused crash.