The process ‘SEO’ is taken for SmartCab division in order to improvethe volume or quality of traffic in the website. It aims to improve theranking of relevant keywords in search results.Search engines are the biggest resources of your websites traffic.Higher traffic means more visitors. More visitors means morecustomers and higher profit.HOW DOES SEARCH ENGINE WORK?Search engine employ intelligent program robots called crawlers orspider , which visits thousands of websites every hour and index thepages according to the content .These indexes are huge database containing reference and links to theactual websites. The search engines looks though this database anddisplays the results.
Over the years, we’ve tried to explain SEO to clients in various ways. We’ve foundthat the most effective method is to simply draw an analogy to real life. Google andother search engines work a lot like people do. For example, how can you find outabout a person that you don’t know? You (1) MEET that person and (2) ASK otherswhat that person is like. This is the same as what search engines do with yourwebsite. Search engines:MEET your website by analyzing your site content and coding (On PageOptimization) andASK other sites what your site is about by analyzing back links to your site (Off PageOptimization).This is obviously a very simplified explanation of SEO, but serves as a goodexplanation of how search engines work.The key is to remember that search engines try to give users relevant search results.SEO is thus anything that assists you in convincing search engines that your site ishighly relevant to a keyword.
ANALYSIS• Performing Analysis of a Website – Domain • Keyword + Competition: The keywords that you choose for your website determine the ultimate success or failure of your campaign. In fact, Keyword Research is such a crucial element of SEO, that we would recommend doing it yourself. The key question is: “What will my ideal customers search for when they are looking for my service / product online?”The best way to find this out is to use the free Google keyword tool:GOOGLE ADWORDS
There may be two perspective of keyword selection:Take advantage as publisher:Publisher approach: there must be high cost per clicksKeyword Global monthly Local monthly Cost per click(cpc) searches searchesTransportation 27,100 12,100 PKRs 371service company[transportation 24,00 16,00 PKRs 246services]Airport taxi 22 12 PKRs719companyTaxi service 260 210 PKRs545mountain viewLuxury car 4,400 320 PKRs208services
Take advantage as advertiser: Advertiser approach :there must be many viewers and low cost per clicks.Keyword Global Local monthly Cost per monthly search click(CPC) searchcab service 301,000 33,100 PKRs92cab services 135,000 12,100 PKRs99cabs 6,120,000 1,220,000 PKRs96Cab company 165,000 18,100 PKRs73Yellow cab 450,000 8,100 PKRs75Taxi cab 301,000 40,500 PKRs73servicesCars iv 201,000 22,200 PKRs51Orange 1,000 <10 PKRs9county yellowcab
• TLD/Sub Top level domain(TLD) must look like www.smartcab.com .(single keyword domain). This is more authentic and more appreciable as well as more expensive. Sub domains look like www.services.smartcab.com Such domains are cheap comparatively.• Page rank page rank shows the page importance. Higher page ranks are more likely to appear at the top of search results. It is a measure from 0- 10.Check page rank on :http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.phpSUGGECTION:www.yellowcab.com (4/10)www.autocab.com (4/10)www.taxi.com (5/10)
– Hosting Hosting Dedicated shared Virtual Full hosting hosting– While hosting these factors must be considering as according. • IP Location • Account Type • Speed & Uptime*
ON-Page Optimization:– Head • Title • Meta Info • Canonical– Body • Content • Images • Links
• Title (64 characters or less) Appropriate titles might be <TITLE>smartCab division</TITLE> or <TITLE>city1</TITLE> or <TITLE>vision</TITLE> Titles are those which are only meaningful within context should be avoided, <TITLE>Introduction</TITLE>
• Meta Info – keywords - words that identify what the page is about, usually used in search engines <meta name="keywords" content="HTML, HTML help, meta tags, promotion, web sites"> <meta name=“keywords " content=“smart cab ,taxi service, autocab, yellow cab, ”> – description - a short description of the page (155 characters) <meta name="description" content="Boost your marketing strategy with meta tags"> <meta name="description" content="SmartCab division is the Worlds most popular booking and dispatch system, using proven and reliable computer and telecommunications technology to improve every aspect of the taxi operators business, from booking and dispatch through to accounts and management">
―robots - to allow or disallow indexing by robots <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> ―copyright - the copyright date of the page <meta name="copyright" content=“2011"> • CANONICAL <link rel="canonical" href=" http://www.smartcabdivision.net/best-service-in-the-world- 204" /> redirection• Bad• http://www.smartcab.com• http://smartcab.com• http://www.smartcab.com/index.html• http://smartcab.com/index.html• Good• http://smartcab.com/
• Body of Webpage – Unique Content – Use of Proper Tags – Proper Internal Linking – Relevant Keywords – Keyword Density – Sitemaps
– Title tags for Images/Links– ALT tags for Images– Keyword Anchor Texts– REL tags • Follow • No-follow • No-index– Header(H1,H2) tags– URL Structure
OFF-PAGE OPTIMIZATION• Search engine submission – Add to Google – Add to Bing – Add to Yahoo• Webmasters Tools• Social Bookmarking submission – Web2.0 properties, Digg, Mixx, Yahoo Buzz, Stumbleupon etc• Article submission• Blog creation & Posting• Forums & comment posting
Monitor & Learn From Reports / Stats SEO Techniques White Hat vs. Gray Hat vs. Black HatIFRAMINGKEYWORD STUFFINGCOOKIE STUFFINGCSS OVERLAPINGURL CLOAKING
Important points So, what is important for your online success?• Identify your target audience• Discover your competitors• Find out keywords, that your target audience use• Build content, site structure and internal navigation with respect to SEO and important keywords• Acquire external links to your website• Monitor your traffic• Evaluate results and do improvement
When will I see results?• Depending on your industry.• the competitive level of your keywords.• Success of your website and subject to the engines updating their data.