• History of Gibraltar.
• Government and geography.
Little history of Gibraltar
• In the year 950 a.C. the Muslims arrived at the
zone of the modern Gibraltar. In 1160 the first
settlement of Gibraltar was founded . In 1303
Gibraltar became part of the Spanish kingdom
but in 1333 became a territory of the Meriníes
dinasty when the Muslims conquered Spain. In
1462 it became Spanish again . After losing the
War of Succcesion of Spain by the archiduke
Carles of Austria, Gibraltar became a territory of
the United Kingdom.
• Spain tried to recover Gibraltar some years later
but they couldn’t.
• Gibraltar is a Mediterranian port. It has
got different cultures like Spanish, Arabic,
Portuguese, and others. 2/3 of the in
habitants of Gibraltar are originally from
Gibraltar. The rest of the people are from
the European Union and the Spanish
people only go to Gibraltar to work and in
the afternoon come back to Spain to
Government and geography
• Gibraltar is a region with a local
government.The governor of Gibraltar is
appointed by the UK .The Parliament is
changed every 4 years
• Gibraltar is in the European Union since
• The country is in the south of the Iberic
peninsula.It is 6km long and 1.2km wide.
The economy activities are influenced by the
fact that it is very small piece of land. The
primary sector doesn’t exist. The secondary
sector has a little industry of drinks
The principal economical source is the tertiary
sector: the maritime business, the tourism, and
the activities related to administration.
• The monkeys of Gibraltar can only be
found in north of Africa, and in Gibraltar.
• They are small, 75cm, and they weight
13kg, the hair is light brown.
• It is estimated that the total population,
about 1,200 to 2,000, is endangered.
• The monkeys are young up to the age of
3, after that they become adults.
• They usually live for 20 years.