E-nova Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Functional Training Day 2
Author: Satyamitra Maan
Functional Training Day 2
• Guided Tour OE
– Basic Modules specification
• Developing a real case
– Configure a system that enables you to:
• buy products from a supplier,
• stock the products in a warehouse,
• sell these products to a customer.
– The system should support all aspects of invoicing,
payments to suppliers and receipts from customers.
– Managing contacts
– Managing leads
– Sales Opportunity
– Partner management
– Case management
Guided tour OpenERP (Partners)
• Create a New Database with
name it day20
• Select the minimum profile
• Login as admin
• Go to Partners and explore
the Existing functionalities
– Partners by category
– Partners address
– Customer partners
– Supplier partners
Exercise : Partner and basic
• Exercise 1:
– Create a new customer
– Create a new supplier
– Modify the details of existing customer created by you
to update him as supplier too
– Create new category “EnovaTrainingcustomer” and
“ E-novaTrainingsupplier “ under “All partner”
– Assign these categories to your Customer and Supplier.
• Exercise 2:
– Install the following modules and note the change functionality
• City City-Helps to keep Homogenous address data in the Database
• Base_contact This module allows you to manage entirely your contacts.
• base_contact_city City for Base Contact
• base_contact_team Base Contact Team - To manage teams of contacts
• base_partner_gender Base Partner Gender
• base_partner_relation Partners - relation extension
(IN CASE YOU NEED TO USE SEVERAL PARTNER ADDRESS IN REL)
• base_partner_sequence Add a sequence on partners Code
• base_crypt Base – Password encryption
• base_url_menu only for web client add Url paths
Guided tour OpenERP (Accounting )
• Accounting is totally integrated into all of the company’s functions, whether it’s general, analytic,
budgetary or auxiliary accounting. Open ERP’s accounting function is double-entry and supports
multiple company divisions and multiple companies, as well as multiple currencies and languages.
• Accounting that’s integrated throughout all of the company’s processes greatly simplifies the work
of entering accounting data, because most of the entries are generated automatically while other
documents are being processed. You can avoid entering data twice in Open ERP, which is commonly
a source of errors and delays.
• So Open ERP’s accounting isn’t just for financial reporting – it’s also the anchor point for many of a
company’s management processes. For example if one of your accountants puts a customer on
credit hold then that will immediately block any other action related to that company’s credit (such
as a sale or a delivery).
• Open ERP also provides integrated analytical accounting, which enables management by business
activity or project and provides very detailed levels of analysis. You can control your operations
based on business management needs, rather than on the charts of accounts that generally meet
only statutory requirements.
• Exercise : Install module Account and surf the basic functionality
Guided tour OpenERP (Products1 )
• In Open ERP, product means a raw material,
a stock able product, a consumable or a
service. You can work with whole products or
with templates that separate the definition
of products and variants.
– For example if you sell t-shirts in different
sizes and colors:
– the product template is the “T-shirt” which
contains information common to all sizes and
– the variants are “Size:S” and “Color:Red”,
which define the parameters for that size and
– the final product is thus the combination of
the two – t-shirt in size S and color Red.
– The value of this approach for some sectors is
that you can just define a template in detail
and all of its available variants briefly rather
than every item as an entire product.
• Exercise :
– Install the following and test the functionality
Guided tour OpenERP (Products2 )
• Exercise :
– product_catalog_report Product Catalog - Print Report of product catalog with product image
– product_code_category Product code by Category product_ean13 Products Sequence
– product_electronic Products Attributes & Manufacturers
– product_expiry Products date of expiry
– product_extended Product extension to track sales and purchases
– product_gtin Product GTIN EAN UPC JPC Support
– product_hardware_revision Product Hardware Revision
– product_images_olbs Product Image Gallery
– product index Manage indexes on products prices
– product_listprice_upgrade Product listprice upgrade
– product_loan Product Loan - work in progress
– product_lot_foundry Products Lot Foundry
– product_m2mcategories Product - Many Categories
– product_margin Margins in Product (Official, Quality Certified)
– product_price_decay Product Decay - work in progress
– product_price_update Product price update
– product_pricelist_discount_and_tax Price list discount and tax handling
– product_qt Products & Pricelists- Define quality control and testing parameters in product
– product_search_reference Products Search Reference
– product_sequence Product Sequence
– product_series Partner Product Series (Official, Quality Certified)
– product_size Sizes of lots (width, length, thickness)
– product_tax_incl Product Tax Include
– product_tax_include Product Tax Include
– product_variant_configurator Products with multi-level variants configurator p
– roduct_variant_multi Products with multi-level variants
– product_visible_discount Visible Discount
Guided tour OpenERP
(Stock Management )
• Stock management is, like accounting, double-entry. So stocks don’t appear and
vanish magically within a warehouse, they just get moved from place to place.
And, just like accounting, such a double-entry system gives you big advantages
when you come to audit stock because each missing item has a counterpart
• The various sub-menus under Stock Management together provide operations you
need to manage stock. You can:
– define your warehouses and structure them around locations and layouts of your choosing,
– manage inventory rotation and stock levels,
– execute packing orders generated by the system,
– execute deliveries with delivery notes and calculate delivery charges,
– manage lots and serial numbers for traceability,
– calculate theoretical stock levels and automate stock valuation,
– create rules for automatic stock replenishment.
• Packing orders and deliveries are usually defined automatically by calculating
requirements based on sales. Stores staff use picking lists generated by Open ERP,
produced automatically in order of priority.
Guided tour OpenERP (CRM )
• Open ERP provides many tools for managing
relationships with partners. These are
available through the CRM & SRM menu.
• The concept of a “case” is used to handle
arbitrary different types of relationship, each
derived from a generic method. You can use
it for all types of communication such as
order enquiries, quality problems,
management of a call center, record tracking,
support requests and job offers.
• Open ERP ensures that each case is handled
effectively by the system’s users, customers
and suppliers. It can automatically reassign a
case, track it for the new owner, send
reminders by email and raise other Open ERP
documentation and processes.
• All operations are archived, and an email
gateway lets you update a case automatically
from emails sent and received. A system of
rules enables you to set up actions that can
automatically improve your process quality
by ensuring that open cases never escape
Guided tour OpenERP (Purchase )
• Purchase management enables you
to track your suppliers’ price
quotations and convert them into
Purchase Orders as you require.
Open ERP has several methods of
monitoring invoices and tracking the
receipt of ordered goods.
• You can handle partial deliveries in
Open ERP, so you can keep track of
items that are still to be delivered on
your orders, and you can issue
• Open ERP’s replenishment
management rules enable the system
to generate draft purchase orders
automatically, or you can configure it
to run a lean process driven entirely
by current production needs.
Guided tour OpenERP
The Sales Management menu gives
you roughly the same functionality as
the Purchase Management menu –
the ability to create new orders and to
review the existing orders in their
various states – but there are
important differences in the
Confirmation of an order triggers
delivery of the goods, and invoicing
timing is defined by a setting in each
Delivery charges can be managed
using a grid of tariffs for different
Guided tour OpenERP (Manufac.. )
• Open ERP’s production management capabilities enable companies
to plan, automate, and track manufacturing and product assembly.
Open ERP supports multi-level bills of materials and lets you
substitute subassemblies dynamically, at the time of sales ordering.
You can create virtual sub- assemblies for reuse on several products
with phantom bills of materials.
• Production orders based on your company’s requirements are
scheduled automatically by the system, but you can also run the
schedulers manually whenever you want. Orders are worked out by
calculating the requirements from sales, through bills of materials,
taking current inventory into account. The production schedule is
also generated from the various lead times defined throughout,
using the same route
• The demonstration data contains a list of products and raw
materials with various classifications and ranges. You can test the
system using this data.
Guided tour OpenERP (Project mgt )
• Open ERP’s project management tools
enable you to handle the definition of
tasks and the specification of
requirements for those tasks, efficient
allocation of resources to the
requirements, project planning,
scheduling and automatic communication
• All projects are hierarchically structured.
You can review all of the projects from the
– Project Management ‣ All Projects.
To view a project’s plans, select a
project line and then click Print. Then
select Gantt diagram to obtain a
graphical representation of the plan.
• You can run projects related to Services or
Support, Production or Development – it’s
a universal module for all enterprise
How to go …….
• Specify a real case.
• Describe the functional needs.
• Configure the system with the essential
• Carry out the necessary data loading.
• Test the system with your database.
• For working out the business case you’ll have to model:
– the suppliers,
– the customers,
– some products,
– inventory for despatch,
– a purchase order,
– a sale order,
• To test the system you’ll need at least one supplier, one
customer, one product, a warehouse, a minimal chart
of accounts and a bank account.
• Create a new database
– Super admin password : by default it’s admin , if you or your system administrator haven’t
– New database name : enovatraining21
– Load Demonstration data checkbox: not checked (this step is very important, but catches out
– Default Language : English ,
– Administrator password : admin (because it’s easiest to remember at this stage, but obviously
– Confirm password : admin
• Selecting the minimum profile
• Installing the following modules
– product management (the product module),
– inventory control (the stock module),
– accounting and finance (the account module),
– purchase management (the purchase module),
– sales management (the sale modules)
• Configuring Accounts.
– Defining account types (view income expense cash )
– Defining accounts (minimal ,payable
– Defining properties
• Configuring journals.
• Configuring the main company.
• Creating partner categories, partners and their contacts.
• Creating products and their categories.
• Stock locations.
• Setting up a chart of accounts.
• Creating the backup of the database.
• Testing a Purchase-Sale workflow
• Purchase Order
• Receiving Goods
• Control of purchase invoices
• Paying the supplier
• From Sales Proposal to Sales Order
• Preparing goods for despatch to customers
• Invoicing Goods
• Customer Payment
CRM & SRM
• Creating a new database Installing CRM profile
• Install leads, opportunities , bug tracking ,phone calls
• Identify the basic module infrastructure
– Single object multiple view
• Exercise :
– Creating 5 new leads.
– Changing the status from draft to open
– Converting 3 leads to partners
– Change of stage
– Converting 2 leads to opportunity
– Fixing the meetings with the 2 opportunity
– Identifying the meetings throw shared calendar
– Close one of two opportunity and forwarding it for sale.
To know more about Open ERP
E-nova Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
D 88/2 , Okhla Phase-1
Ph :- (+91)18.104.22.168.14