LEGO League Camp
here at MLT in July.
Held three 1-week
sessions with 10 or
so students in each
Kids built and
robots to perform
various tasks, and
even worked on
Mr. Jim, one of the traveling teachers from the Maritime Aquarium in
Very successful pre-school and summer school program here at MLT, also.
Norwalk, visited with the Preschool Touch Tank.
• Summer Bond
Turkey Hill Review w/ CT Inspectors
Race Brook Review w/ CT Inspectors
• Projects approved in July… HOWEVER
• Roofs are hot tar & hot stone application – difficult odor to endure for kids
• Boilers need abatement, which involves sealing the area; no persons under
18 can be on the premises. Thus, abatement needs to take place in the
• After contract is awarded, the boilers could take 10 – 12 weeks to come
in… if we took the old boilers out in August, would the new ones be in by
edging and bark mulch
at Turkey Hill.
is safer and more
New white tile entrance at Peck Place; lighter and brighter; new carpet installed in
the library, beyond the new ‘classroom’ area.
New drainage site-work
at Peck Place was
Rebuilt the sumps; installed 6” drainage lines.
New drainage at Peck Place –
building to side-yard; from sideyard to parking lot.
ID Badge Reader – opens the
door for employees with
badges; enables us to lock
exterior doors at all times.
High-quality camera enables
office to ask an unknown
visitor to hold up ID for the
camera – 100% readable!
This group of 13 teachers is preparing to pilot the PowerSchool grade book!
• AA’s and Central Office trained in PowerSchool!
• The Admins spent 5 days on the Teacher Evaluation Plan!
• Admins will spend another day in TalentEd!
• I spent 3 days in Admin evaluation at CAS (CT Assoc. of Schools)!
• Security Monitors training coming up!
• Teachers will spend a full-day with their Principals –
reviewing the rubrics for effective teaching.