Валерій Шипунов “Симуляція навантаження мульти дисциплінарних команд на високому рівні”
• 400.000 installations
• Biggest commercial TV channel in
• Live streaming (HLS) of the sport
TV 2 Sporten for Android
• Platform for event organisers.
• 96491 items sold (tickets, food,
• 1033 events served so far.
• Biggest media-holding in Norway
(A-media) just bought in.
• Not a single word about rates.
• Learning environment.
• Systematised learning.
• Capacity simulation in a small multi-discipline
organisation when you sell projects (20-40 persons)
• Some folks are working on a number of projects at once
(especially, folks with business-skills, or with leading-
• It is not about the planning or knowing - but about
• Projects are different by size (small - 1-2 month, medium
- 2-3 years).
• To be used on the organisational level.
• Not for release planning.
• A lot of very precise tools on the project level,
standalone and based on some methodology.
• Through team capacity in hours and project estimates
• Through team member capacity.
• Through story points and velocity.
• But what about skills?
• Each project has a set of needs, those needs might
have a different timespan. And different volume of
each need is required by project.
• As a basis, for simplicity
we took a minimum
timespan of 1 month (to
see how it will work).
• Needs are based on the skills, that you have in your
organisation. In our organisation:
• Leading and consultancy
• Ruby development
• iOS development
• Android development
• Frontend development
• Let`s assume, that one person might have 4 slots for
skills. All slots could be ﬁlled in by 1 slot.
• On a project level, we could select, whether to get a
person-skill (4 slots of Ruby of 1 person), or just a skill-
• Next step is to match person-skills with need-skills.
• We could see the project needs for a time period, and
who is allocated for that project, with speciﬁc skills.
• We could see amount of free skills by now, next month,
in a year.
• We are able to simulate (ok, for this project i`ll need
these skills, i`ll take them from there). What will happen?
• We are able to simulate different allocation scenarios.
• This is available for employees.