WHAT IS BIOLOGICAL TREATMENT?
- Use microorganisms to remove contaminant.
- Knowing the compositions
choose right system to treat and suitable for requirements.
- Bacteria’s remarkable ability.
- Take energy from the oxidation of
organics for metabolism and building cells
- Favorable conditions for growth
This metabolic activity can remove
TYPICAL WASTE TREATMENT
solids, organic, soluble
- To reduce and eliminate contaminants
- To protect the sewer lines
Common Wastewater Pretreatment Processes
Coarse Solid Screening Bar racks, Screens, Rotary disks, Centrifugal
Free Oil Separation Gravity separators. Air flotation devices
Equalization In-line, off-line basins
-Sewage solids settles to the bottom.
Then sludge are pumped to elsetreatment
(THE MOST IMPORTANT PART)
Remove up to 90% of the organic matter and oil.
Biological treatment process during secondary treatment
Biochemical EnvironmentsThree Major Ones
ACTIVATED SLUDGE (SLUDGE TREATMENT)
- gravity thickening
- air flotation
- aerobic and anaerobic digestion
- chemical or heat stabilization
Process Goal Bacteria Condition
- Occur after most of
the BOD has been
Denitrification NO3 N2 Denitrifying
- Can occur in most
1. Use biological treatment take
2. Treat a wide variety of
contaminant in wastewater
3. Effluent and sludge possess
high fertilizing value.
4. It can be highly lucrative
Lecture Biological wastewater treatment
Brine Water disposalwww.brinewatersolutions.com
FAO coporate document repository
Ragsdale and Associates Training Specialists, LLC