THE ORDINAL NUMBERS
Ordinal Numbers are those numbers
that we use when we want to talk
about the position of somthing in a
HOW DO WE FORM THEM?
To form the ordinal numbers, we only add –th to the cardinal numbers
However, there are some exceptions that we need to consider
verb to be + + going to + V.S.F + ?
Am I going to play baseball? Yes,
Are you going to travel to Yucatán? No,
Is she going to buy a new dress?
It isn´t necessary to say or write “to go” with
the Future going to.
James is going to go swimming next week.
James is going swimming next week.
In an hour/ a year
•Tomorrow, I am going to visit my
•They are going to play soccer
•She is going to buy a car next week.
In trios, say at least two things that you are going to do in your Winter
holidays and also two things you are not going to do.
“During my Winter holidays I am going
to travel to Los Angeles and also I am
going to watch TV series but I am not
going to study English.”
1. It (rain) is going to rain.
2. They (eat) _______________ stew.
3. I (wear) ________________ blue shoes tonight.
4. We (not / help) ___________________ you.
5. Jack (not / walk) _________________ home.
6. (cook / you) _________________dinner?
7. Sue (share / not) _________________ her biscuits.
8. (leave / they) __________________ the house?
9. (take part / she) ________________in the contest?
10. I (not / spend) __________ my holiday abroad
Put the verbs into
the correct form.
Use going to.