■ We use one when we don´t want to repeat a singular
– Which coat is yours?The black one
■ We use ones when we don´t want to repeat a plural countable
– Which shoes do you like?The brown ones
This coffee is too hot! I can´t drink it
There´s enough food in the fridge.
■ We use too before adjectives and adverbs.Too has a negative
meaning and it means more tan neccessary.
– This jacket is too small! It doesn´t fit me!
■ We use enough after adjectives and adverbs but before
nouns. It has a possitive meaning
– The weather is warm enough for a picnic.
In teams, discuss the following questions:
■ Do you enjoy shopping?Why?
■ What was the last thing you bought for someone else?Why did you buy
■ What's the most money you have spent on something to wear?
■ Do you consider consumerism good or bad?Why?
Do you think the appearance is
Describing the physical appeareance
■ SPECIFIC REGIONS
– He/She has got ____________ eyes/hair/skin
– We/They have got ____________ eyes / hair / skin
■ GENERAL REGIONS
– He/She is _______________.
– We/They are ___________________.
My car is newer than yours.
My car is the newest of the whole parking lot!
All one-syllable and most two-syllable
adjectives taker –er / -est
Short – shorter - shortest
One-syllable adjectives ending in –e take
Safe – Safer – safest
One-syllable adjectives ending in the
CVC form, double the last consonant
before adding –er/-est
Big – Bigger – Biggest
Adjectives ending in consonant + -y,
drop the y and taker –ier / -iest
Easy – Easier - Easiest
Adjectives with three or more syllables
and some two-syllables adjectives take
more+adj / most+adj
Dangerous – more dangerous – most
POSITIVE COMPARATIVE SUPERLATIVE
Good Better The best
Bad Worse The worst
Many/Much More The most
Discuss with your partners who do you think is the best/worst …
– Musical Band
– TV serie
– Mexican dish
■ My house is (big) ________________ than yours.
■ This flower is (beautiful) ________________ than that one.
■ This is the (interesting) ________________ book I have ever read.
■ Non-smokers usually live (long) ________________ than smokers.
■ Which is the (dangerous) ________________ animal in the world?
■ A holiday by the sea is (good) ______________ than a holiday in the mountains.
■ It is strange but often a coke is (expensive) ________________ than a beer.
■ Who is the (rich) ________________ woman on earth?
■ The weather this summer is even (bad) ________________ than last summer.
■ He was the (clever) ________________ thief of all.
1. Joe is ______________ than Ed. (short)
2. Al is the ______________ . (short)
3. Ed is the ______________. (thin)
4. Joe is ______________ than Al. (thin)
5. Al has the ______________ clothes. (colourful)
6. Al is ______________ than Joe. (heavy)
7. Ed is the ______________ . (light)
8. Joe is ______________ than Ed. (happy)
9. Ed is the ______________ . (mysterious)
10. Joe is ______________ than Ed. (energetic)