- What was Cain reaction
to God’s love?
- Did he repent of his evil ways?
Genesis 4:16-17Genesis 4:16-17
Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD
and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And
Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore
Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the
city after the name of his son—Enoch.
Genesis 4:18-19Genesis 4:18-19
To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and
Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot
Lamech. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the
name of one was Adah, and the name of the second
Genesis 4:20-22Genesis 4:20-22
And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who
dwell in tents and have livestock. His brother’s name
was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the
harp and flute. And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-
Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and
iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah.
Genesis 4:23-24Genesis 4:23-24
Then Lamech said to his wives: “Adah and Zillah, hear
my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I
have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man
for hurting me. If Cain shall be avenged
sevenfold , then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”
- Did Cain and his descendants repented?
- Does the sin of parents affect their children?
- How many women had Lamech?
- Did he follow God’s command?
- Is Lamech worst than his grandfather?
- What happens when there is no repentance?
- Does evil increase in un-repented hearts?
- What was Adam and Eve reaction?reaction?
And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son
and named him Seth, “For God has appointed another
seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed.”
And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he
named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the
name of the LORD.
- Is God the one who provides us with children?
- What happened after the birth of Seth?
- Why did they start to proclaim the name of God?
- Did Adam and Eve repent from their mistake?
- Why are the genealogies in the bible important?
- Is there a difference between
Cain’s and Set’s Genealogy?
CAIN - 6 generations - gave birth to Musicians & Artisans
SETH - 8 generations - call on the name of the LORD.
- Why did Seth descendants called on the name
of the Lord and Cain’s didn’t?
- Who taught them? - Adam?
- Were not both of them born in sin?
- Didn’t they both die? - Even if they were just?
There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are
just men to whom it happens according to the work of
the wicked; again, there are wicked men to whom it
happens according to the work of the righteous. I said
that this also is vanity.
- Can we bargain with death?
- What is important for us in this new state?
- Why is it now so important our vanity?
- Have we become self conscious?
- Did everyone die?
Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah.
After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God
three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So
all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-
five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was
not, for God took him.
- What does it mean
to walk with God?
- Why Enoch didn’t
die like everyone
- What made him
special before God?
By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see
death, “and was not found, because God had taken
him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony,
that he pleased God.
- What was his testimony?
- How did he please God?
- Where did God take him?
- What do we have to
believe to please God?
Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied
about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord
comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute
judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly
among them of all their ungodly deeds which they
have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the
harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken
- Was Enoch prophesying the coming of the messiah?
- Was he revealing His judgment at the end of times?
- How did Enoch know such things?
- Walking with Him?
- Did Enoch decided to depend on God?
- Did he Believe Him?
- What happened with him?
- Can we have a relationship with God as Enoch did?
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you
great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
- What should we be asking for?
- Should we seek our natural needs
or God’s revelation?
- What is important?
- How were Seth’s
Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years,
and had a son. And he called his name Noah,
saying, “This one will comfort us concerning our
work and the toil of our hands, because of the
ground which the LORD has cursed.”
- Was Lamech aware of all that happened
in the eight generations that preceded him?
- What was he hoping when he call his son Noah?
Noah = rest – comfort
- Was the earth giving them a hard time?
- Didn’t God curse it?
- What rest was he talking about?
- Was he aware of the coming judgment?
- Did Adam return to God?
…the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of
Adam, the son of God.
- Being part of Jesus genealogy
is proof of God’s acceptance?
- What did Adam believe
to please God?
- Was it the promise of
- What happened in the
days of Noah?
Genesis 6:1-2Genesis 6:1-2
Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on
the face of the earth, and daughters were born to
them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men,
that they were beautiful; and they took wives for
themselves of all whom they chose.
Genesis 6:3Genesis 6:3
And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with
man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall
be one hundred and twenty years.”
Genesis 6:4Genesis 6:4
There were giants on the earth in those days, and also
afterward, when the sons of God came in to the
daughters of men and they bore children to them.
Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of
1559 years later…
- Who were these giants?
- Were they men or the extinct dinosaurs?
- Who were the mighty men of renown?
- Who are the
sons of God?
- Aren’t they the
descendants of Seth?
- Are the descendants
of Cain God’s children?
- Who are
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these
are sons of God.
- Is being led by the Spirit of God a choice?
- Who is Lord in our lives?
- Are the Sons of God determined by our lineage?
- What does it mean to have a son
according to our own likeness?
- Was Cain a son in the likeness of Adam?
- Does likeness refers to the inner being?
This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the
day that God created man, He made him in the
likeness of God. He created them male and female,
and blessed them and called them Mankind in the
day they were created. And Adam lived one
hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his
own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.
- Who were the daughters of men?
- Did they choose the just among them?
- How many did they choose?
- Did they obey God’s command?
- How does God feel about men behavior?
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man
was great in the earth, and that every intent of the
thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the
earth was filled with violence. So God looked upon
the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh
had corrupted their way on the earth.
WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY?
- Evil will only grow in un-repented hearts.
- Parents have a lot of influence in the lives of their children.
- We can all walk with God. It all depends of our willingness.
- Adam repented from his sin and God forgave him,
but the consequences prevail.
- There is two kind of people:
Those who believe and obey God (His children)
Those who persist in being their own God (Lucifer’s way)
- The intent of the heart of men is towards evil.
- We need a savior.
Share your own comment …