A control system focused on
minimizing drift - specification of a
Natássya B. F. da Silva
• UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)
▫ Critical Embedded System.
▫ Composed by sensors, microprocessors and
▫ Ground station.
• VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing)
▫ Fixed-wing aircrafts, helicopters and others with
powered rotors like quadcopters.
▫ Increased flexibility.
▫ Takeoff and land on its tail.
▫ Uncomfortable position for the pilot.
• There are researches that specify and validate
architectures for UAS, but they do not focus
specifically on data communication aspects;
• These researches also do not consider the
concept of IFA (In-flight awareness), which is
based on Sense and avoidance;
• The main goal of this project is the
development of a data communication
architecture for UAS.
• This project proposes the use of SOA for critical
embedded systems, focusing on UAVs.
• The approach proposed in this PhD project
considers critical embedded systems can be
divided into sections of low and high
criticality, from a reference model architecture
for UAVs proposed in Rodrigues et al. (2011).
• KBF extends the broker service discovery
capability adding knowledge about the
• In this way, the application designer, or even the
application itself, can choose or compose the
best service based on a set of usage rules and
some selection criteria such as:
▫ dependability, security, performance and real
Development of a Plug and Play
Mechanism for using Smart Sensors
Arrays in UAVs
Rayner M. Pires
• Contribute for the progress of UAV autonomy
• Dissociate from the aircraft the mission
▫ Use of MOSA (Mission-Oriented Sensors Array)
▫ Proposal and development of
SSP (Smart Sensor Protocol) and
SSI (Smart Sensor Interface)
Connection and Mission parameters On-the-fly
Mission feasibility data
Session establishment negotiation
•Is it na aircraft?
•Is it ready to fly?
•What’s the estimated
time? MOSA and UAV
•Can it fly over the given •Partially feasible
exchange data while
GPS points? •Unfeasible mission
•Can it fly under specific accomplishment
speed and height?
•Does it have external
•How can they be
• It’s a connection middleware
• Via of communication between both parts
• Enables conversation through SSP
Generation of spectral signatures for
detection of pathologies in Eucalyptus
crops - A study using UAVs
Adimara B. Colturato
• Comparison between:
▫ Direct methods -
counting diseased plants
and quantification of the
percentage of injured
tissue by pathogens
▫ Indirect methods - analysis of
reflectance at different wavelengths
(multispectral analysis) making use
UAV's and image processing.
Difficulties in the study of computer
• How to study computer networks?
▫ Routing protocols? (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP)
▫ How to verify if the message was really sent from a
machine to another one?
▫ How to test a distributed application without the