In order to scale AdGear's real-time bidding (RTB) platform, we've been optimizing system and application performance. In this talk, I'll share all my findings, from basic tips to advanced topics. I'll cover coding patterns, metric collection, tracing and much more!
- Share basic tips, common pitfalls, efficient coding patterns
- Introduce tooling for metric collection (statsderl, vmstats, system-stats, riak_sysmon)
- Highlight erlang trace (fprof, flame graphs)
- Expose advanced topics (VM tuning, lock-counter, systemtap, cpuset)
- Anyone looking to improve the performance of their Erlang application.